DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Where To Put My Aux Light Switches?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Excoastie 
#1 ·
I bought a 2008 Ram 1500 a couple of weeks ago, and since have decided to add a row of four KC Daylighter 130ws to the grill guard. I elected to go with the driving lights for the outside pair, and the long range lights for the inside pair. From what I've read, you're not supposed to put that many lights on a single switch, so I'm going to need two switches to turn them on and off.

So I'm looking at my cockpit, and kinda wondering where to mount them? My first thought is to get a pair of smaller switches than those that come with the Daylighters, and mount one on each side of the power rear window button where there's some room. Anybody have any other ideas? Stuff I don't know about? Suggestions in general?

Here's what I'm working with:

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#3 ·
I would go on either side of the sliding rear window panel.

#4 ·
not sure if the 08's have the same spot but here is where I put mine

I wanted it close to the other light controls but moreless hedden from site, but at the same time somewhere that was easy to get at.... KC has a wiring diagram that shows 4 lights on 1 switch not sure how many watts though, I am going to call KC and ask if I could do 4 daylights on 1 switch as I am going to buy 2 more with higher CP and a lightbar to mount them on

#6 ·
check out just to the left of your steering wheel. There should be a little panel that can be easily removed... this is where the pedal control switch is at (if you have the movable pedals).

On my '08 I popped this out, and mounted my switch there. It only took a couple of minutes and I was done. Below is a pic that shows what I'm talking about. It's not the greatest pic, but I think this pic was a before pic when I was doing my dash kit in my '08

good luck

Exco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.