DODGE RAM FORUM banner

DeeZee Tailgate Assist

26K views 163 replies 111 participants last post by  Tred 
#1 ·
Just installed the Tailgate Assist on my 2014 Ram Sport. Super easy install even for a guy that's not mechanically inclined like myself. Works great and as advertised. :smileup:

#2 ·
First thing I did to my Big Horn was install the DeeZee assist. My 7 year old daughter was excited and pulled the handle of the tailgate to open and it just about dropped straight down on hear head. After that I found this forum looking for a solution. Several people have noted looking at my truck at how cool that is and it should be factory installed.

#11 ·
A quick question for those that have installed the DeeZee tail gait assist on there 2014 ram 1500. I am having some issues installing the nutsert that comes with it. Every time I try to install it the nutsert turns with the the washers and ball bearings and doesn't do anything. I have contacted there customer service and they keep telling me to put some wd40 on it to lubricate the bearings (which doesn't work) or put some of the lock tight between the nutsert and the paint on the tail gate so it doesn't spin. They sent me another nutsert to try and it dose the same thing. It's really starting to get frustrating trying to install this. Especially when I read that everyone says it's so easy to install. LOL! Could anyone offer some some tips or tricks so I can this installed. Thanks for your time.

#18 ·
Had one on my 09 and 13 and the next thing going on my 14. They are so smooth especially when your hands are full

#19 ·
One of the first things I put on my truck. I have a small dent, barely noticeable from before it was installed. I think my son did it trying to load his hockey gear.
Now with this installed its a lot easier to open the tail gate.
I think chevy has them on there new trucks from the factory. Or something like it.
Worth the 35 bucks

#20 ·
should come factory like this haha, love mine also but one complaint... the top connector it rubs against the tail gate when I open it. causing a squeak sort of..

#28 ·
Call Dee Zee and they can point you in the right direction. I installed mine on my 1500.

#33 ·
Yup, just ordered one right from the DeeZee website along with a bed mat to go over the Linex. Free shipping and no sales tax? Gotta like that...

#39 ·
Firemedic, not sure if you have found how to fix this catch when closing the tailgate or not, but if you have not, you can fix it by loosening and rotating top pivot the piston connects to towards the inside of the bed as far as it will go and it should fix this problem.

#72 ·
I looked these up and from what I found out, they are only available for Ford & Lincoln trucks. It looked the same to me too but everywhere I looked, it said that it would not fit my 2014 Ram QC Express. I just went ahead and ordered the DeeZee and it should be here next week. I hope to not have issues installing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.