DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tuners for turning off mds and tm

10K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  trueblue4x4 
#1 ·
Are there any tuners that turn off the mds and the tm for a 2012 hemi. Ive been searching and the answers are not clear. I am ready to pull the trigger on my first tuner. Just looking for the right one as they are not cheap.

#4 ·
Diablo

Concur, I have and love it, also adjust the throttle position for less lag on acceleration.

#10 ·
I have the Trinity T1000 in my 5.7 2012. When you tune the truck you can go into adjustable parameters and turn your MDS on or off but if you decide to change it later you'll have to reprogram the truck again. Once the truck is programed, while the truck is running you can disable traction control. This disables traction control, stibility control, torque management and ABS. All the bells and whistles will go off and your engine light and ABS lights will be on. It goes away once you cycle the key.

#12 ·
My understanding at least from my 2005 when Superchips came out with transmission tuning is that you do not want to completely disable TM. The claim by many was the you can risk some damage to the transmission at 0%. The recommended value as a general consensus was 8% which is what I ran on my 2005. Between the 91 tune, custom shift points, and 8% TM I could roast the tires off the line and get a second gear scratch 90% of the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.