DODGE RAM FORUM banner

mud look w/ decent price..

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  GTyankee 
#1 ·
Who am i kidding? i will be doing VERY little "off roaring"...my "off roading" will consist of dirt roads on hunting/camping trips...nothing serious. maybe to get me through the snow on a snowboarding trip

I want a tire that has the mean, aggressive mud tire look, yet is decently priced that i can get good mileage out of...

i dont need any "extreme" offroading tire setup..

i have a 2014 Ram 1500 4X4 5.7L

I'm going to get a leveling kit for the front...just enough to level it out so i can squeeze in 35's

so which tires would you recommend?
itd be nice to have SPECIFIC tires, so that i can find them online and order them, etc.

also, what are the chances i could fit 37s under a stock suspension with a level kit in the front?

#2 ·
I had Goodyear duratracs on my wrangler unlimited. Great tire. All the jeep guys love em. It has a really good look without the wear a true mud tire would have. I got questions about them all the time when driving. Just remember the larger you go the more strain your putting on suspension components. Also if your truck is under warranty it will affect it.

#3 ·
I have a 2012 and you are in the same boat as me brother. Not an off roader's off roader. Getting to the hunting and fishing. I've been through many tires and most will do. But, msmitty is right on. Duratracs get it done. Towing my trailer to fish/hunt camp. Mud, dirt, whatever. They get it done. Bilsteins at 2.8.

#4 ·
You won't be able to fit 37" tires without doing an actual suspension lift, a level won't cut it.

I have 35" Hankook DynaPro M/Ts on my rig and I love them so far. Surprisingly not too loud for a heavy-lugged mud tire and from all the reviews I've read on them most people recieve around 35k miles on them. Plus they're $100 cheaper per tire than other M/Ts such as the Nittos or Toyos.

#5 ·
BF Goodrich Rugged Terrains are a fairly new style and were designed for exactly what you are doing. I have had them for about a year and love them. I have a leveling kit and I am running 34.2-inch version with no other mods on stock sport wheels. They were designed with low rolling resistance for good fuel economy. Check them out. Four of my friends followed my lead and we all love them. I have never been stuck while hunting, and I get into some pretty muddy stuff! Best looking tread on the market for a mainly "street type" tire in my opinion!

#7 ·
I agree with the duratracs

check out federal couragia M/ts and goodyear fierce attitudes

#8 ·
several tires tested

http://www.consumersearch.com/suv-tires
i would want a skinny tire for snow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.