DODGE RAM FORUM banner

s&b or airaid

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Iceman 
#1 ·
Looking to get a CAI...have narrowed it down between the s&b or the airaid...help me decide!!! :smiley_thumbs_up: pros/cons between the two..thanks!

#9 ·
Glad im not the only one standing by oiled filters. As long as you use them right they are best performance and last for ever!

#10 ·
^^Agreed. I grew up racing 2 stroke bikes, anything besides an oiled filter was a recipe for a trashed engine. One of the best qualities of oiled filters is they are semi water repellant.. A small splash of water will run right off in most cases.

#11 ·
I have heard of more problems with oiled filters than non oiled... hense
Stock ones are not oiled. If you have ever looked at the intake tube of oiled filters
They are covered in oil residue and silt. Sure that is great for intake.
Wouldn'd run oiled myself.. non of the performance shops here reommend oiled filters either.
Oil will not repell water either water would just bead and still get sucked in. Water shouldnt get into an intake anyway. If you plan to mud bog with it then put a sock over it.

#13 ·
I have S&B and absolutely love it. Small thing I loved was how detailed the instructions were. Literally step by step and word for word. Made it very easy. I prefer closed intakes and S&B also looks great under the hood

#15 ·
S&B. Nice and quiet 90% of the time. Stomp on it and you'll hear it, but you'll also still be able to hear your stereo, the wind, your thoughts, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.