DODGE RAM FORUM banner

cheesy or cool?

2K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  Tlauden 
#1 ·
Its been a while since i've done anything for my truck because of a lack of funds . But even though this mod wasnt on my list of things to do I couldnt refuse the $20 AutoZone deal. I usually dont like the look of clamp-on pedals over top of the factory ones but these seem to cover quite nicely and for $20 she gets to show a little more of her attitude! I still have mixed feelings on them but leans more towards them being interior jewelry for her. What do you guys think?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure I would install them, but I think they look alright. Especially for $20!!

#4 ·
I'd be afraid my shoe laces would get stuck. Then something really ugly happens when trying to get them unhooked.

#5 ·
They look alright, I am sure your the only one who will even notice them. The one thing I learned the hard way is that they work well when you have a clutch because the brake petal is slightly smaller. On automatics that big brake along with the large covers really limits the space between the gas and brake. Especially when I wear dress shoes I have hit the gas when taping the brake. So i got rid of mine on the old car. Just a thought.

In the end your mod is for you and not anyone else.

#6 ·
im not sure how i feel about them yett

#9 ·
Thanks for the input guys, never thought about the shoelace thing. Good point! I figured for $20 it wasnt too great of a gamble. Most of my mods so far have been exterior and performance. Think the pedals might look better once i've done more interior tweaking too. For now they stay where they are. The set came with a fourth one for clutch (same size as e-brake) and dont know what to do with it. I'm considering mounting it somewhere with a push type switch under it just so i can use it and have a unique look. Not sure what i'd be switching or where to mount it but I like the design and once more of the interior is customized i think they will fit with the style better! All comments, ideas, and suggestions welcome!

Attachments

#12 ·
Not sure on the pedals, but man, those headlights and that hood look amazing.

#18 ·
No way Jose.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.