DODGE RAM FORUM banner

TSB 18-050-14 MDS/VIBRATION *update*

6K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  snowcrossmxz 
#1 ·
This software update definitely helped mine out. I had a 2011 Ram with the same motor and set up as my 2013 and my 2011 drove and operated much better than my current 2013. Since the update that was installed Friday the tranny seems to operate smoother, the drone is at the minimum, and believe it or not I seem to be getting better fuel mileage. Better being I did get 17-17.5 to now Im getting 19-20..that's on the same 80 mile commute...curious to see how much better I'll get on a trip..

#7 ·
I think its just a Hemi update since the OP said he has a 2011 which would have to be a 6 speed. MDS is an engine function not a transmission one.

#10 ·
My dealer didnt charge me anything. What I did was I called my dealership and told them that I may have an update for my truck and I gave them this "TSB 18-050-14" she called me back a short time later and verified that it was an update for my truck. they up dated mine in about 30 minutes.

#14 · (Edited)
I got this update done on my truck today. Total improvement so far.

1) Can still tell when mds kicks in but not nearly as noticeable from before. Keep in mind I have a magnaflow 18 on my truck so it was quite evident when mds kicked in.
Believe it or not my muffler seems quieter...

2) I have only driven 20 miles or so but in that time not 1 vibration. My truck only periodically would vibrate before, but nothing so far!

Much smoother vehicle.

Also got 2 radio flashes done and a power steering flash done.

#18 ·
Just had the update installed in my 2013 hemi 6 speed. The dealer had to locate update but called next day to set up appointment. It is for the freeway vibration but it stopped the low speed shudder i had as it shot directly into high gear at low speed. Now it stays in gears longer, smoother shifts and it goes in to eco in fourth and up. No more shudder at low speeds. Great improvement to a fabulous truck. My wife says it is better ride and comfort than our car. I do not drive a lot but the mileage has upped two tenths around town also. Love the drive now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.