DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Hour meters

17K views 59 replies 37 participants last post by  dizzle 
#1 ·
On my 13 Ram I have the large EVIC screen and if I go to the one with the engine hours and idle hours my idle hours is stuck at 1 which I know is in correct because my truck idled for about 3 hours straight one night. Does anyone else have/noticed this issue? Is there any easy fix???

#39 ·
4.2 billion hours driving and you only went 3200 miles? How slow were you driving??? :gy:

#41 ·
Not to bring up an old issue but since I am the OP I figured I would throw an update out there. As an Assistant Fire Chief sometimes I am required to go to a scene and it just so happened the other night I was no where near my crown vic so I drove my Ram to a scene and it idled for around an hour and a half maybe a little longer... Now my hour count has increased to 7 hours idle time so I guess mine is actually working, must have just jumped the gun thinking it wasn't!

#44 ·
Bringing back an old thread because this subject has come up again.

Wondering if anyone has the definite answer to why certain idle counters work in some models and not others. At this point I'm thinking the idle counter works only if you have the factory remote start???????

Anyways we know its not a diesel thing because many with hemi engines have idle counters that work.

#48 ·
Yeah, I rolled over 700 drive hours and 25,900 miles on my truck today. I'm pretty sure it just doesn't track idle hours. From what I understand that's more important for diesels than gas engines anyway, and its more of a factor in their oil change intervals. I average about 180 hours between oil changes FWIW.

#49 ·
I agree that idle hours much more important for diesels, my question at this point is why does it work for some gas Hemi owners and not all.

Just a curiosity now for me.

#52 ·
Mine is still at zero after 2 years...nobody at dealer can explain why....:doh:

#53 ·
thread revival!!!

anyone ever figure this out? mine has been at 8 hours for a long time. i don't let it idle a bunch, just the normal 3-5 minutes between remote starting and getting in the cab. been several hours of that in the past few months and it hasn't changed. how would it log 8hrs and not continue to accumulate?

thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.