DODGE RAM FORUM banner

door lock problem

4K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Sixtime 
#1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with door locks only locking the drivers door? The ram box locks and the drivers door but the passenger and rear doors do not lock. They will unlock if you push them down and press the door unlock. does not matter if i use the key fob or the door buttons.

#9 ·
Warranty ran out last Aug. due to passing 36k miles.
Oh wow, you must get around. Or do you have an early 2013?

#12 ·
I have that problem with just the passenger front door. Never know when it will work and when it won't.:4-dontknow:

#13 ·
This same thing happened to my dad's 2009 shortly after his 3/36,000 warranty expired (he has lifetime powertrain though:smileup:). He sprayed a small amount of silicone spray lubricant around the lock plunger, and it started working again shortly thereafter. After he looked at a diagram of the lock he wasn't sure whether the silicone actually did anything or not, but the lock has worked perfectly ever since. Its worth a shot and may save you a trip to the dealer.

#14 ·
Never thought of that...will see if that does it...thanks!

#15 ·
I am having this exact same issue. It has been squirrelly for the last few months, working for a while then it won't. The drivers door and tailgate lock have always worked, but the other 3 doors have been working on and off. Now, the 3 doors don't lock at all unless you manually lock them. Only the tailgate lock and driver's door lock work. Anyone have any ideas?

#17 · (Edited)
Well, they are back working again. Yesterday while driving around I hit the lock button and I was suprised that all of the locks did indeed lock. Since then the locks have been functioning just fine and normal. I really thought the acctuators had gone bad in the 3 doors, or at least something mechanical had failed in them. This feels like it might be an issue with the firmware, or some other controlling mechanism that exists between the key fob and the locks.

Coinicidentally or not, this issue started happening right after I updated the firmware to the latest version with the security fix that Dodge mailed to everyone on that usb card. I'd like to rollback to the previous version to test for a bit. Anyone know where I can download that from? Sorry I don't have version numbers handy at the moment.

#19 ·
It will, 2013 and 2014 trucks use the same versions of uconnect; its the 2015s and up that are not compatible with 2013 and 2014 versions

#20 ·
I dropped my 2013 off at the dealership at 0730 this morning, by 11:30 I had enough and went home.. I called them at 3:30PM and they were still working on it.....Called back at 5:30 and they said they found the problem to be the BCM (body control module). I'm not sure if it also controls the radio but around the same time my locks stopped working the compass on my radio stopped working and the Bluetooth for my phone would no longer connect....

#23 ·
I am still having issues with the door locks off and on. It just seems to pop up out of nowhere. Only the driver door and tailgate will lock. I just get back in my truck, start it up, wait about 30sec or so, and hit the lock / unlock buttons on the door a few times, and boom.... They all start working again. This has happen about 4-5 times since last time I posted.

It's a shot in the dark, but I'm wondering if maybe the battery in the key fob is weak and somehow it is effecting how the truck locks?

#24 ·
Hi Sixtime,
It's possible that the module internal door locks operational control feature may need to be reset. This has corrected intermittent door lock concerns in the past without requiring a module replacement. I would recommend bringing this to the attention of your local servicing dealership so that they can provide you with an accurate diagnosis. Be advised that repeated cycling of the locks will cause a time out condition.

#25 ·
zr1....my last '13 was a CC with the Rambox. I had the same issue, but only the passenger front. I've read about the cylinders/actuators failing intermittently for Ram models over the past decade. I cycled mine manually with the door open (not sure that matters) about 15 times and never had the issue again.

Good luck

#27 ·
I still have issues off and on with the door lock problem. lock and unlock 5 or 6 times and it goes back to working. However my list of problems continue to grow, check engine light for small vapor leak, map lights blink bright dim all the time. Still cant believe I have to replace the overhead console for a bad led. Love the truck just wish the electronics were more reliable.

#28 ·
I've had a similar problem only it's intermittent......left side doors always lock electrically, right side sometimes does not and I will have to manually push the lock buttons. I'm also out of warranty, so gonna live with it for now and do some more research.

#30 ·
I've just been living with it for now until I can find the time to give up my truck to fix this and a couple of recall issues to take care of. I haven't found any one single way to get all the locks to respond. Most of the time, it's restart the truck, play with the lock buttons on the door, or use the lock/unlock on the key fob, etc... Eventually, all the locks will lock and it will work fine for a couple of weeks, then act up again. Annoying as hell, but it is what it is until I get her in the shop.

#33 ·
Mine has done the same thing a few times now. The driver's side front & back door would lock, but the passenger side front & back along with the tailgate would not lock. However they would start working again once I turned my truck off once at work, 12hrs later everything worked just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.