DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Installed projectors and HID's today.

10K views 110 replies 19 participants last post by  Twjones87 
#1 ·
I installed my projector headlights and hid's today. The current set up is 6000k 35watts. my 55watt ballasts will arrive tuesday.
heres some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Man thats a sweet set up. Love thoose lights. Great job and pics.:smileup:

#4 ·
I will keep that in mind while im searching around. I like to write stuff like that down and leave it beside the computer for a memo. You know to help out. Im not a mechanic but this is something i can do. If you dont mind me asking........were the headlights Expensive?

#5 ·
they were 159 for the headlights and the fog lights if I remember right. I installed them a while ago and wasnt impressed with the light output even with hid's in them so I switched back to stock with hid's and still wasnt happy. so I did a ton of research and figured out they werent aimed properly. so I fiddled with that for awhile and am pretty happy with it now. I want to do a projector swap in the future when funds allow but these will do for now.
here is a pic of the light output against a wall.

Attachments

#6 ·
Wow...Looks bright. Is that on low or high beam? Thanks BTW for the price. Wasnt tryin to be nosey ive been considering something like that.

#8 ·
Wow . from what i see im impressed. Looks great nice and brite. Thanks alot. Helpfull info.:smileup::bananalama::rep:

#12 ·
Those look wicked. I'm a fan of Halo projectors too, and thems be good'uns!. If you're looking for 12V LED bulbs, check out AAC, that's where I got mine and they're great. You'll also need to get the 50W load equalizer or the bulb and signal in the dash will flash like an crack addict after an 8-ball. My install took maybe an hour for both, and that includes wiring the equalizer.

#16 ·
I decided to do my retro fit on these now. I ordered a set of e46 bi-xenon projectors today and all the goodies to go with them. I plan on puting them into the high beam spot on the headlights and keeping the other projectors for added high beams, I will have to remove the shrouds for the cut off lines when I do it. but I should have 4 lights on for my high beams. when I get the stuff I will post pics of the retro fit.
heres a link to the new projectors.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0462794571&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

#21 ·
The solenoid relay thing is for the high beam solenoids on the E46 bi-xenon projectors. when you hit your high beam switch theres a solenoid that pulls the shield down to allow light higher up. the E46 has a double ground actuator that needs a special relay harness to work right.
I modified the original design. here is the updated photo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.