DODGE RAM FORUM banner

FOX 2.0 Performance Series Coil-Over IFP Shock

12K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  h2oman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#6 ·
I was thinking pretty seriously about getting these. Have run Fox shocks on other rigs in the past and in my opinion, regular Bilstein 5100's really don't come close. And this is coming from a guy who really LIKES the Bilsteins, too - 5100's are what is on my Jeep right now. But the Fox can be run a lot harder for a lot longer before fading. Once you leave pavement and get up to speed on washboard the regular 5100's fade pretty quick.

But... I'm not sure how much I'm going to like/love this truck (still waiting for it!!), whether I'm going to want to keep it a long time, or what. I might only keep it a year or two, just not sure yet.

So... I bought Bilsteins for all four corners, for now ($383 to my door from shockwarehouse.com). Will run them for a year or two before I decide which direction to go for serious suspension mods.

If I knew I was going to keep the truck for sure, and I knew for sure I wasn't going to go with a bigger lift later, I'd be all over the Fox shocks though - they kick azz!

- DAA

#9 ·
I was searching around on google and came across this thread.
What i want to know is when cranked up to provide 2" of lift do these shocks limit down travel like the bilsteins do? I'd rather not spend 800 bucks on shocks that will allow excessive droop and risk separating an upper ball joint lol
Any insight appreciated.

#10 ·
Droop will not change on these coilovers regardless of where you set the ride height. The overall length of these shocks are only about .65" longer than stock (if I remember correctly...I have the actual measurements in my garage) so your upper ball joints will be fine.

#12 ·
No I don't run them but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.... :gy: (stupid tv commercial...lol)

All kidding aside, I have run Fox coilovers in the past and have always been pleased with them so I did the research thinking I would go this route. Plans changed and I ended up going with a Zone lift so instead of these, I am going with Fox 2.5's that are extended length to match my lift.

#17 ·
They are excellent. They're what SVT is running on the Raptors. You pay for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.