DODGE RAM FORUM banner

which cat back for 2013 ram?

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  SteelTownStang 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a cat back exhaust for my ram with dual cutouts. Not really sure whats out there I've heard of the Magnaflow, Corsa, Borla etc but havent done too much research on them...Which ones do yall have or recommend? I prefer stainless, and a deep rumble, I don't mind loud, but please nothing raspy. I'd like something louder than stock for sure though. After the exhaust future mods would be a set of JBA's and a DS HemiFever tune.

#3 ·
I like the Magnaflow catback with the 5 inch dual tips. Not only are they wider, but also longer and do not look like wussy pipes (like the OEM ones look from the side). I YouTubed a few of them and it sounds nice, especially at higher RPMs. If you want a lot of noise, the Flowmaster American Thunder seems like an agressive one; but then you deal with some interior resonance and you get a chambered muffler vs straight through like Magnaflow.
If you really want to ponie up the dough, Mopar makes a catback through Corsa (which is just really tuned by Mopar and has the Mopar stamp on the stainless tip ends). IDK, I decided on the Magnaflow because Black Ram Hemi made some good points about it on another thread.

#4 ·
I will weigh in.

I have used AeroTurbine mufflers pretty much extensively on my previous vehicles.
06 Eclipse V6, 08 Evo, 10 Ram hemi.

I decided to go with something different this time around, so I picked up a JBA catback from AutoAnything. I took a gamble as I cant find much feedback on catbacks.

I must say for the price Im very impressed I paid $500 shipped to Canada for the JBA Catback.

I eliminated Magnaflow because it seems like everyone defaults on Magnaflow, and I like to be different. Flowmaster, Ive never liked. And I didnt want to go AeroTurbine again due to the drone on the highway.

The JBA has a slightly more aggressive tone on start-up, quiet at constant speed, no drone. But when you open the throttle it roars.

my 2 cents

#5 ·
If you have the money... run the corsa! That was my first choice until I realized my wallet wasn't fat enough. Instead I duplicated the Magnaflow cat-back for half the price. I installed the 22" magnaflow PN#12588 that comes in the kit, deleted my resonators and installed new tips. It sounds awesome but if you want to be a little different and are looking at doing a full cat-back instead of just a muffler swap I'd bite the bullet and run the corsa.

#6 ·
Your easiest and cheapest option would be what MangoTangoMofo, myself and many others have done. That would be a muffler swap, resonator chop and tip replacement. Send us an email for whatever you think would be best for you so we can extend special forum member pricing to you.

#9 ·
Another vote for MagnaFlow... Deep throaty tone without the drone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.