DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How to adjust 3rd gen headlights?

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Canadian Hemi Pride 
#1 ·
As silly as this sounds, after Hid's, level and bigger tires.. I never adjusted my headlights.. So pretty sure I have been blinding the world for months. I never have adjusted headlights on a truck. So could someone help me out :4-dontknow:

#2 ·
Pull 25 feet away from a wall preferably white and turn your lights on, measure up from the ground to where the light bulb is in your truck and record that, then go to the wall and the cut off on your lights should be the same measurement from the ground as it was on the truck. as a reference the ground to my lights is 47 inches, being that you truck is leveled a little lower wouldnt hurt anyones feelings :LOL: you can also go here for a reference

#4 ·
Ive never played with headlights either, but basically, you want the headlight the same height as the line, 25ft away? Not like angled up or down a certain angle or anything like that? literally the same height?

Alright got that part down.. But where do I adjust them.. For some reason after working on vehicles all my life.. I have never actually have to adjust headlights, and never learned how to :LOL:
just go find some wood or rubber shims and just shove them under the light....you'll get it angled where you want! :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.