DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Product Reviews

Notices

Product Reviews Have you found a great product, or a really bad one and you just need to tell someone about it! Post up a review for the benefit of all!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Doge Ram CC
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
minivanracer is on a distinguished road
Default Issues with Brand new BakFLIP vp

Well i ordered my bakflip vp from summit racing. I am not so lucky. cover fits good and no leaks but the main reason i bought the cover was the sleek low profile look. But as you can see there is an upward raised crease that is pretty firm.Also one of the prop rod holders was broke during shipping. I contacted bakflip and was told to follow certain steps by a nice guy named Alex. Assured me that they would make it right. So i followed his steps and registered the cover like your suppose to for warranty. Then i was told to email warranty@bakindustries.com with some pictures and what the problem was. This is what i emailed them.

Purchased Bakflip vp Bak-162207 from summit racing. Installed cover today and have an issue with the cover itself. The vinyl on the first hinge point closest to the tailgate has a solid raised crease towards the edge about 12" long if you will. It is a definite defect as there are no other parts on the cover like this. Also it is a solid ridge not spongy. I don't know if the glue used to adhere the vinyl puddled or what. But it definitely is solid. Also i need a prop rod clip that holds the rods when not in use. One was broke when i unpacked the product. Names Jason and can be reached at 228-383-xxxx. Also i spoke to Alex over the phone if that matters. Hope we can get this resolved. Images are attached.

This was the response from lauren:

The hinge is pointing in the upward position. You should open and close the cover several times and it should adjust itself.

Then she followed with another response right after:
We have a no returns policy from Summit so please contact them about replacing this cover should my suggestion not work to your specification.

My reply back:
I am not looking for a return,refund etc. I just want this made right. I went outside and literally opened and closed it 30 times. Nothing is changing about that area. Also yes i purchased through an authorized dealer of yours and the cover was a direct drop ship from you guys. So how are you not involved. This is a lot of money on the line here. Also when speaking with Alex over the phone I told him the whole story. Purchasing from summit etc. etc. He told me to register the product etc etc and to email you guys photos And these are the steps i was told to follow. So i did. I don't know if your not seeing me in the computer. Alex also gave me a number of 202791 i don't know if that is my order number or what.
Now i am trying to deal with this in the correct manner. I paid $637 for this and its brand new with problems. I want it made right.

I am not looking for a refund. Also just to throw this in there. I feel as they are trying to give me the runaround as cause i purchased through summit racing and trying to put the blame on them. But the product was a drop ship from them. Summit never even handled the product.

Last edited by minivanracer; 02-27-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:19
constableal is on a distinguished road

It's unfortunate that you're having this problem, and I can understand your frustration. I don't own a Bakflip cover but many members here do. One of them should be along shortly to maybe add some useful info on getting this corrected. Good luck........
Old 03-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram crew cab
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:10
Juma is on a distinguished road

I have a backflip fibermax. It works ok. one clip is broke like yours. generally, backflip is a bunch of dix. I advise anyone to consider a different bedcover just because they are so difficult to work with and won't stand behind their product. the only thing that will get their attention is lack of sales. I doubt they will last very long.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Join the Dark Ram Side!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1520
DarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant futureDarthRam has a brilliant future

I purchased a BAKFlip Roll-X. I noticed after several months and it being removed for a paint warranty issue the rear end at the tailgate started to creep up and leave a gap between the seal and tailgate. I contacted them through email and they requested pictures and proof of purchase. All I wanted was a response on how to fix it. Then they sent an email saying they were sending me a whole new top under warranty as the design changed for the 2013 Ram.

Frankie Soto is their warranty guy. Contact him by email.

Frankie@bakindustries.com

Good luck.
Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped HEMI Badge The Punisher Grille and Tailgate Badges Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover