DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ordered Air bags

674 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Ezekielguy86 
#1 ·
Ok well Ive had my truck since Feb. and work at a RV dealer. Ive had the chance to tow 15-20 different travel trailers since then and have realized I need air bags. Because I don't get the chance to use a proper weight distributions hitch system like I should Ive decided Air bags would be better than nothing.

Ive read alot of great things with the Air Lift 1000's so I went ahead and ordered those last night on eBay for $97 shipped! Can't wait to get them in and install. Now Im not going to be doing the amount of towing by any means but even if its once every couple months it will be worth it not to squat my truck 4"s lol.

#2 ·
Ok well Ive had my truck since Feb. and work at a RV dealer. Ive had the chance to tow 15-20 different travel trailers since then and have realized I need air bags. Because I don't get the chance to use a proper weight distributions hitch system like I should Ive decided Air bags would be better than nothing.

Ive read alot of great things with the Air Lift 1000's so I went ahead and ordered those last night on eBay for $97 shipped! Can't wait to get them in and install. Now Im not going to be doing the amount of towing by any means but even if its once every couple months it will be worth it not to squat my truck 4"s lol.
By your 4's do you mean lowered 4" in the back.

#4 ·
I have a 4" lowered spring too along with the A100 airbags.The problem I have with them is your supposed to keep at least 5 lbs of air minimum. This jacks the back up some defeating the lowered look.I have about 5k miles on them running 0 psi. They will get distorted looking in the spring but so far they still hold air. I didn't really need them pulling an enclosed car hauler with my bug in it. I might remove them if I cut my spring to go even lower

#5 ·
Ok you got me little misunderstood here. I dont have lowering springs. The rear end of my truck lowers when I put a travel trailer behind it.

#7 ·
Well I got them installed yesterday. I did it at work and it took me about 1hr of total time off and on. Ended up having the take the fender wells out to connect the hose up top.

Before the springs I just recently towed a travel trailer that weighed 5200lb with a 500lb hitch weight and it droped the truck 3-4in's.

With 30lbs of air in the bags and a travel trailer weighing 8600lb with 900lb hitch weight it only dropped 1in. I say thats a big improvement.

I left 20lb in the bags to ride home and honestly don't notice any difference in the ride. If it is then its very small amount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.