DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Saturday afternoon quick detail

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  primo spaghetti 
#1 ·
so today i decided to add some wax and clean er up a bit.

here is the process.

wash with poorboys super slick and suds and a LC cubed wash sponge.

then i hit it with some
on the paint,

and some
to top it off.

here are some pics.

then i threw some KAIO on the tail lights, windows, black trim, and chrome

then the engine bay

before

tools

after

tonneau cover product

after

all said and done...pretty satisfied with the quick clean up...should last me till the end of september until my last correction before the fall.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks great!!!!! I think I saw one small spec of dust just above the left taillight though----LOL. It looks like your a little cramped for space with all the toys--I know the feeling.
Jay

#5 ·
oh man. they toys are just the begining of my problems in this garage...two car my arse, maybe two smart carts...HAHA

i just got my shed up, so in the next couple weeks im sure to get most of my garage space back!!!

hehe blue box refreshements..other than bieng on sale right now, i only bought the blue boxes because of the free speaker they came with...rechargeable for use in the new shed with the IPOD!

my friend just suggested to me that the title of all my posts should be "this was a five beer job", this is a 10 beer job" etc.

this one, while the timing as short (5 hours) ended up being a few more beers than i needed..HAHA hence the dust spot above the tailight!!

#9 ·
i did the hyper dressing at 4:1 and tried it on my rear tires...first time ive tried it. honestly, when it first went on i didnt really like it, but it has actually settled in pretty good. i didnt clean the tires anything special to be honest, wwhich is probably why it didnt look good, but im going to try it on a few other things.

so far i had the same impression with the optibond. i tried it full strength and 1:1 and only found it spread better at 1:1, but seemed to give the same results either way.

i tried it on the fronts (again i didn't clean the tires all that well before use), but to be fair, i want to clean the tires with APC first then try again.

they have both had great reviews, so im sure they will be fine when applied porperly.

SVRT is one of my favorite products. That stuff last for a long time when it's applied a few times. Great job!
sorry ghost rider, im not sure what SVRT is...

#10 ·
Lol I didn't zoom in on the engine bay cleaners. I thought it was a bottle of adams super VRT. It's a dressing for vinyl, rubber, and trim. It's not super glossy and dries crazy fast. It doesn't sling anywhere like a log of dressings. It's some good stuff. I use it on all my plastics on the outside, inside, and engine bay. It also makes your tires look deep black and new without a super shine.

#12 ·
oh..actually it was the adams APC. i was thinking of getting into distributing the Adams line, but honestly the only thing i tried in the sample sizes i liked was the undercarraige spray, and cant back anything i didnt like...but to be fair, i never tried any of the polishes/waxes.sealants. alot of guys swear by it though...

Sounds about right. OB needs 100% clean tire, and HD just needs a clean tire, just washed with soap but nothing super special. I have my HD bottle at 3:1 right now and it just darkens the rubber enough for me.

OB is my favorite on some tires, but it struggles on the tires that are dirty.

SVRT, or Super Vinyl Rubber Trim is Adam's offering for a dressing. It is like Optibond that it is an opaque milky water based dressing. Both can be diluted and perform similarly.

Give HD time, it has risen to the top for me. I mist the tires and let it sit until it starts to dry, then I remist and spread it evenly. It works great on wheel wells also.
Yeah i really didnt give either the best of test on the dirty tires...i only hosed them off honestly and proably still had some PB's on them.

im definatley going to give them a good clean with some simple green or some Zep then try both again. i havent seen the HD in Canada yet, but my last trip to US, i grabbed a jug in PA and figured it should be good.

ive posted many times that i used to use exclusively meguiars stuff for 20 years or so, but recently got into trying other water based/silicone free products and find there are a great number of awesome products readily available for virtually OTC pricing.

#13 ·
then i threw some KAIO on the tail lights, windows, black trim, and chrome

Can you elaborate on this KAIO product used on the glass and chrome please?? Thank you! :D

#14 ·
it is called Klasse All In One. it is a cleaner wax...well sort of.

it is classified as an all in one polish, but it really isn't going to get any swirls out. it is more of a chemical cleaner with an acrylic sealant. it does a great job at cleaning paint/chrome and leaves a rock solid protection behind. again, thin is in. just apply either by hand or machine and remove. the shine is more of a "candied" look because of the acrylic, but the shine is amazing.

#15 ·
it is called Klasse All In One. it is a cleaner wax...well sort of.

it is classified as an all in one polish, but it really isn't going to get any swirls out. it is more of a chemical cleaner with an acrylic sealant. it does a great job at cleaning paint/chrome and leaves a rock solid protection behind. again, thin is in. just apply either by hand or machine and remove. the shine is more of a "candied" look because of the acrylic, but the shine is amazing.
Exactly what I am looking for.. amazing shine! :D As one of the few chrome lovers of the Forum, shiny and glass-like chrome is a must for me. This will be added to my next purchase from Amazon for sure. :smileup:

How do you apply it to the exterior of your windows and tail lights? Same method as the chrome?

Thanks for the full product name.. I searched KAIO and got some odd Bing search results.. LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.