DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Leveled and Lifted 2wd Ram - Information and Picture Thread

163K views 238 replies 89 participants last post by  lilredexp22 
#1 · (Edited)
A great idea stemmed from another thread...

Lets keep this an informative thread for ALL those members with 2wd Rams looking to either Level or Lift
*Keep all negativity away from this thread (many like to interject their opinion)

Post your pics:
What you are running:
and
How your truck rides since the level/lift

:smiley_thumbs_up:​

#5 · (Edited)
Just installed a ReadyLift System on my 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd it's suppose to be a total lift of 2.5 front and 1.5 in the rear, I will verify it in a few days to see if there is any settling with the kit. I am running 20x10 -12 offset Fuel Throttles on 35x12.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Here are a few quick pictures from when I picked it up...

Already Installing OEM Fender Flares.

Will be adding Rhino sidesteps later today so I will snap a few better pictures soon...

What a lifted 2wd is used for in Miami

#137 ·
Just installed a ReadyLift System on my 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd it's suppose to be a total lift of 2.5 front and 1.5 in the rear, I will verify it in a few days to see if there is any settling with the kit. I am running 20x10 -12 offset Fuel Throttles on 35x12.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Here are a few quick pictures from when I picked it up...

Already Installing OEM Fender Flares.

Will be adding Rhino sidesteps later today so I will snap a few better pictures soon...

What a lifted 2wd is used for in Miami

Do your tires rub at all ? I am putting a 2" leveling kit on my 2012 ram 1500 2wd and I want to get the biggest tire possible without any rubbing.

#7 · (Edited)
2012 RCSB Express 2wd with SLT bumper swap

Befor lift ...stock 2wd with 35s lol

Front - 3" Ebay 06-08 Ram spindles with a 1" coil spacer
Rear - Super lift 2' lift coils
Wheels &Tires - 17x9s with 35x12.5 Nittos

Soon to add better shocks ( When I get my order from Bully's Performance lol ) and a small body lift .Ill have better pics next week...

#9 ·
Advice please newbe

This is my 04 ram1500 rwd st before the lift will post pics after also. I pulled the trigger I'm ordering a 3" RC suspension lift with 2" front leveling kit. Any thoughts on that. I have a 3" difference in my front then my rear that y I'm going with the level kit also

Attachments

#13 ·
This is my 04 ram1500 rwd st before the lift will post pics after also. I pulled the trigger I'm ordering a 3" RC suspension lift with 2" front leveling kit. Any thoughts on that. I have a 3" difference in my front then my rear that y I'm going with the level kit also
I wanna order it tomorrow so I can put it on before next weekend and post more pics. Then work on bigger tires cause it will just look stupid on 245/70/17
Looks very good
But can't wait to see it up

I can assist you in ordering the kit tomorrow or evening tonight
Let me know
We do carry RCX :smileup:

#20 ·
Truck still looks good!

2009 Ram with a 1.5" daystar leveling kit.

Before:

After:

It is hard to tell in this picture but the front measures 37 1/2 inches and the rear measures 38. Ride is unchanged.

For someone just looking to even it out a bit...this did the job just fine.

For trucks without a heavy lid on the back a 2" level would be about perfect I would think.
Doug, the level turned out well

#19 ·
2009 Ram with a 1.5" daystar leveling kit.

Before:

After:

It is hard to tell in this picture but the front measures 37 1/2 inches and the rear measures 38. Ride is unchanged.

For someone just looking to even it out a bit...this did the job just fine.

For trucks without a heavy lid on the back a 2" level would be about perfect I would think.

#31 ·
I have an 09 Ram Big horn Crew 4x2 with the 2.5" front coil spring spacers on stock 20" wheels with 305/50/20 General Grabbers. The 2.5" lift up front is maxed out IMO. It has some jarring going over the monster speed bumps in my neighborhood. I will be installing the CST 4" spindles with 1" front coil spacers and 1.5" rear coil spacers this weekend. Hoping to get some pics up of that. The CST 7" kit comes with a 4" lift for the rear, but includes mount relocates for the pan hard bar I believe. I would def not try to lift the rear more than 2" unless you find someone else who has done it first with no bad effects.

Attachments

#33 ·
I would not recommend using the 1.5" rear spacer if you are going to do the 4'' and 1'' up front. I have CST 4'' and 1.5'' rear and it sits dead level. Actually looks a little nose high, but measurements are about 1/4" taller in rear. There are tons of guys running the 4" kit in the rear with no issues at all. I did days of research before I bought my kit, the main thing I saw was not to go full 7 inch lift because the 3" front coil spacer maxes out the suspension. The 4"+1" up front with the 4" in the rear will give you about 1.5" rake depending on your factory rake. I am eventually moving up to the 2" spacer added up front and 4" out back. Remember you have to get longer shocks out back if you get the 4" kit as well. Hope that helps you a little. Great looking truck!

#32 · (Edited)
The front tires did rub a little on the sway bar at full lock with the 305/50/20's. 1/4" wheels spacers did not help, so I removed them.I just got done installing 295/60/20 terra grapplers on 20x9 Fuel Nutz with +01 offset. They rub as well, but on the fender now. That is the reason I am putting on the CST lift This Weekend. I hate scrubbing!!!!!

Attachments

#37 · (Edited)
Sukka,
The Front on there now is not CST, it was an ebay purchase (maybe daystar???) Dont remember. At the time, no one sold a 2.5" kit for the front on the 2wd's. I think 2" was the largest lift for the front. I am piecing together the front with the CST Spindle and another generic 1" spacer. (the 2.5" on the front now will be taken out completely)

Rambo,
In response to DodgeOnly23's question, I meant to say not to lift the rear on the truck that high UNLESS you buy the CST kit for the rear. I did the research too. It's tough drop $1000+ without doing the your homework! I spent several nights with a knot in my stomach, hoping I was making the right decision, and not going to get it all done then say SH#T, I should have gotten the 6" of 7" kit!!! I do want the nose to sit a little high, kinda baja style. I may have a dessert bumper in my future!!! Need to talk the wife into it first tho! Haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.