DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Leveling kit and tires

6K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  Mountaineer 
#1 ·
Well, i think instead of doing the box liner, i would rather get some better tires because the winter where i am is supposed to get pretty rough

So i figure if im going to drop the money on tires, i mise well do the leveling kit. So i ask:

1) Which is a good leveling kit for these trucks?

2) Do i need an allignment? My dad didnt when he did his 06 ram 3500, not sure if its the same for these ones

3) Also which is the biggest tire i can fit without issues after the leveling kit?

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Good question UnLiMiTeD

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my truck because this winter will probably be rough on these stock tires!

Not sure what rims size you have currently, I have 17 rims, which makes the front end look so low. If I put 2.5 levelling willl it fit like 18 in rims and 33" tires, or should I just stay with 17 and find 33's for it? Will the 18" make it a little higher?

Also can a 1" spacer be put in the rear with the 2.5 in the front, so would still give it a little of a raked look, but now higher in the front end?

Sorry to add questions to your post :4-dontknow:

#5 ·
I have only seen one kit in person and that was the Rough Country levelingf kit, it's 2.5 up front and .75 in the rear. My Boss put it on a Big Horn and a friend put it on an SLT 2500 with 35's...Looks great IMO!

#11 ·
I have the 20 inch rims on mine. So I could fit 35's with no rubbing on a 2.5" leveling kit? Thanks for the input guys, I assume the ready lift makes the truck sit level front to back? Not a fan of the nose being tilted down. Don't even know why they make them that way.

#18 ·
Dont have that kind of money laying around at the moment. I would rather just go with 33's instead and in a few years when i do a big lift, i will do the rims and all that then.

For now i just want to get rid of the crappy stock tires while going with a bit bigger tire

#22 · (Edited)
just the standard readylift kit for me. According to the readylift site, its a 2" lift on the front, only one i can find on their website thats for a 2010 4x4. that's the one that shows up on the chuxtrux site when i type in my vehicle.

2" leveling kit with some 33's should give this truck a much more aggressive stance, then combine that with my 14" mufflex kit im installing this week, it will look and sound mean.

#28 ·
I am running the 2 inch readylift with 285/65/20 bfg at's on mine. Tires equal out to 34.7 inches tall and 11.5 inches wide. Running these on stock wheels also. I am very happy with the look. Truck still has a little rake, but nothing even close to stock. Tires were really high tho. Lookin at prolly around 1500 a set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.