DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mygig 430 RBZ update

18K views 44 replies 15 participants last post by  11Blkpearlsport5.7 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2011 RAM w 430 RBZ radio. I cannot use iPod control for my iPhone 5 or 6th gen nano when connected to USB port in glovebox. Anyone know where I can download a software update? I currently have app 20.02.01.

Attachments

See less See more
#33 ·
For me, upgrading from v2x to v3x fixed a bluetooth audio streaming problem that I was having, as well as bugs related to controlling my mobile phone over bluetooth.

For me, upgrading from v3x to v5x was purely cosmetic. I wasn't having any technical problems, just wanted the new look that my wife has in her T&C.

~Chris

#36 ·
430rbz update!!

I tried everyones fixes for getting the radio to work again and none of them worked. I opened the radio removoed the cd reinstalled it in truck and still no operations. Tried everyones fixes again and still would not get outta the mode where it shows ram logo then goes black. I sent the unit to a company called navrepair. They assured me that it would not cost me a dime for an estimate to repair and they would give me an estimate before they repair. I got an email the other day from them saying they replaced the motherboard and it is working for $299.00 plus $24.00 return shipping. It seems to me like they repaired it without sending an estimate. I will go ahead and pay this because buying a new 430rbz from ebay or online will be about the same or more. I found this unit on ebay luckilly for $250.00 it was advertised in the wrong categories so it didn't get many views. So i am not out a whole lot compared to the cost of one of these from a dealer. The reason i bricked this radio is because i only read the first few posts on this thread if i would have read every post i would have known that there were inbetween versions and to do them first. This community is a great advantage to me and my desire to work on my truck, even though it's brand new still under warranty. I've only taken it to the dealer to get the 430rbz activated so the back up camera i installed would work. Thanks to all of you for the info and your time!

Now i'm willing to bet i need a uconnect update. Does anyone have the info on that. Basically how do i find out what version i have now and what the most current version is.

#37 ·
Bluetooth Streaming no longer functions. Funny think is the Phone works fine.

I updated the Radio to 50 and just recently noticed that my phone will no longer steam via bluetooth. I'm not sure if its a problem with the radio or if it's something that Apple did in their last IOS 7 "fix".

Have any one else seen any issues with Bluetooth and Iphone after the updates?

I have an iPhone 4 (not the S) on Verizon with the latest IOS 7 update.

I'm going to un-pair and re-pair the phone and see if that helps it. I believe I have applied all the UConnect fixes.

Chris

#38 ·
Their was a few updates for the Bluetooth also. Search the forum you will find a dedicated forum for this

#39 ·
Just updated my RBZ from v20.02.01 to v33.01.23, and then from v33 to v50.00.07. Worked great, each update took about 12 minutes start to finish.

My display was blue to start with, and v33 didn't change that. I did notice however, that with v33 many of the mp3 tags, such as artist name, album, etc (and maybe others) no longer displayed. The v50 update returned all that info as well as changed the display color to black. Hallelujah!

I saw that my Gracenotes remained at 8E6, which compared to everyone else is ancient. I know its been asked before but I haven't seen an answer, how does one update the Gracenotes DB?

#42 ·
I can't comment on that ebay offering, but after downloading the iso file, right click and Burn Disk Image to the cd. After its done, you can look at the cd and see all the individual folders and files. Load the cd in the RBZ and follow the directions posted previously. Make sure the key is in Run or the engine is running. Do not turn off the key /engine until the update is complete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.