DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Show me your flares

13K views 103 replies 28 participants last post by  joeyg 
#1 ·
Buddy of mine has some egr flares he's giving to me and I am trying to see how my offset is gunna line up. 10" lift 37s with -12 offset. Few pics would be great.

#59 ·
I don't mind the Bushwacker Pocket flares, and probably would have got some myself if I wouldn't have found an absolutely ridiculous deal on the OEM ones that come on 2500/3500 trucks. Also, everyone around here has the pocket style ones, so its nice to be a bit different

Since I have a Sport, it would be nice if there was a bumper line or something to make the front ones match up better, but what can you do?

#66 ·
It won't be chrome tomorrow ;)
You'll see what I mean

Thanks man! The ba truck comment is definitely mutal.

Fast- I'm quickly becoming the king of 30 point turns. I'm happy no valance needed to be cut but I would NOT recommend my set up to anyone. I feel yours is just perfect almost pre runner esque. I think you should do ram runner fenders! It's painful when I pull in and people are checking out the truck then I cut my wheel to hard and catch inner fender.. how lame.

going to hit up a place tomorrow about my lift install ;) It came down to buy another AR or pay to have my lift installed.. we shall see.
Your lift will clear those bad boys no problem.
But these tires are WIDE

#67 ·
So an update guys.....I met with Chickenhole this afternoon and measured his 1500 flares and my 2500 flares
Bushwackers site has them both at 2.5" clearance and it is wrong

1500 = 2.5"
2500 = 3"

2.5" will be flush with 20x10 (-12) wheels with sidewall still sticking out
3" will be flush with 20x10 (-24) and again with the sidewall still sticking out.
I have 1/2" still sticking out (sidewall)

So there is a difference and glad we met as I knew it was wider but had to make sure the site was wrong :smileup:

#77 ·
thanks fast, thats where the initial question stemmed from. wondering how im gunna sit with the egr flares. tucked? or maybe flush... i guess we will see soon

#81 ·
Ahh, just looked it up. Damn, ordered the 1500's. they haven't shipped, gonna see if they'll change it for me. Woops
Or cancel and buy from us ;)
Unless its from us and then leave it....LOL

Kidding aside, the difference is the 1500 is 2.5" coverage and ends at the headlights. the 2500 is 3" coverage in the front and ends slightly past the headlights and tapers off....

#82 ·
I was able to cancel. I ordered them from Amazon. I checked out the 2500 ones and they had one listed as used for $301 shipped. They're new in packaging but were returned. For $300 I'll give it a shot. The 2500's are great for sport bumpers, doesn't look awkward like all the other ones. I'm so glad I saw this thread today

#84 ·
Yeah man they look great. Can't wait to have everything in my hands. Have 35x12.50 trail graps in garage, 20x10's on their way, pa 3" BL just showed up. Now I just need these flares so I can get them painted. I plan on installing it all on the same day. In the meantime I'm repainting my black depo quads. Depo leaves the turn signal area chrome. I sanded them all down and am repainting all of it. Gives me something to do until everything gets here. I guarantee I'll also have a 6" susp lift and 37's soon lol. Damn it, I bought this truck as a family hauler. One year later I sold my Cobra and am building this thing a little bit. My first truck, it's fun. I need to make sure I don't go overboard though, I tend to do that. I've built so many mustangs so crazy that I couldn't even drive them on the street anymore.

#85 ·
Mine was bought a year ago as well for a family long drive vehicle and picking up reno material.
Its still does that, but now does it in style...LOL
I went from 8" lift to 11" and now back to 7.5" and its perfect.
I sold a 2011 BMW 550 (got a good offer from the BMW forum) and have been building this.....so I completely understand you ;)

#87 ·
Its perfect with the sidewall still past the fender and the tread under the flares.
What this shows us is:
On 20x10 -24 and 12.5" wide tires, it will be flush with 2.5" flares
On 20x10 -24 and 13.5" wide tires, it will be flush with 3" flares

This thread should be stickied as it will address alot of questions people have on what flare to choose
I get asked all the time on whether the tires will stick under or past the flares and its hard to explain it without pics
This is where I will direct members

:smileup:

#90 ·
Well let me know ASAP!
LOL

Also Fast and Chickenhole, On your truck chickenole, you have a 4 inch lift and bilsteins at 2.1. Your truck sits perfectly level. Id say your sitting close to 5.5 or 6 in the front. So if i were to do a 6 inch rcx with bilsteins at .7 my front tire gap would be similar but I would have some rake. like 3/4 inch of rake?
You will sit pretty similar to his

#89 ·
Also Fast and Chickenhole, On your truck chickenole, you have a 4 inch lift and bilsteins at 2.1. Your truck sits perfectly level. Id say your sitting close to 5.5 or 6 in the front. So if i were to do a 6 inch rcx with bilsteins at .7 my front tire gap would be similar but I would have some rake. like 3/4 inch of rake?

#96 ·
With the 35's you're going with, I'd stick with the 1500 flares as the tires has less width than the ones I'm running.
You'll run into the same issue of fearing the wheel tucking slightly under

I do the wheels and lift first and then decide on flares once you take a tape measure to your truck :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.