DODGE RAM FORUM banner

37s with a 6" lift?

10K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  RAM357 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
In the past I have owned a 1999 v10 ram with a 6" fabtech and 3" body lift and I had 38" super swampers. It looked great... but then I sold it.

Well I just bought a 2005 hemi 5.7 2wd and lowered it with the 2 front 4 rear mcgaughy lowering kit and put the srt10 22" wheels. I really like how the truck looks but miss the lifted look:)
I would like to take the lowering kit off and sell the wheels and maybe fit some 38s under the fenders. Is this possible with a 6" lift or do I also need to buy a body lift...

Any pixs would be great I have searched with no luck:LOL:

My old truck:

Thanks,
Ary

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't help you with your question, but I can...

Welcome you to the forum, :Hey:

This forum is full of great looking trucks, and packed with great mod ideas, and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here. I'm willing bet that someone here can guide you in the right direction.

Enjoy the Z!

#3 ·
Welcome aboard! I am sitting on 6" Pro Comp (suspension only) with 37 X 13.5 on 17's. I rubbed at first and we had to cut out some of the inner fender well and bump out the front bumper with phenalic spacers....now she's done. No more scraping.
I hope this helps.

[/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

#8 ·
Thanks for all the info guys! Paris I love how your truck looks. I want my lift to look the same but the only thing is my truck is a 2wd and your truck is a 4wd. I know the 4wd is a bit higher from factory right?.... If this is true I think I will need to use a body lift to clear the tires.
Thanks for all the feedback guys,
Ary

#11 ·
Hey guys I ordered a rough country 6" with the PA 3" body lift 18" kmc rockstarz with nitto dune grapplers 37".... Everything should be here in 2 weeks and I will post pixs:) My old srt 22" setup and lowering kit will be for sale soon!

Thanks for all the help guys,
Ary

#12 ·
Hey Guys... Sorry for the lag on the update but here is the end result:)

I did the RC 6" lift with PA 3" Body lift and 2" front coli spacers and added extra leaf spring on rear. Im very happy with the setup although its not as lifted as my old black truck:) Tires are 37"

Also added n-fab front pre runner and side steps. The wheels are made by METHOD RACE WHEELS:)

#17 ·
Thanks guys:) next in line are the lights black grill intake exhaust and superchip:)

I know one guy that has the hemi like mine and he said to take of the cat and resonater and straight pipe it with a flowmater.... Won't this be super loud? any input? I don't mind if it sounds like a diesel with exhaust though:)

#18 ·
Exhaust is very subjective here....

Do a search on the site on it, there are a ton of threads about it.

#19 ·
Nice truck man! I love the way Dune Grapplers look but man...dont expect to get too many miles out of them. They have a softer rubber compound that geared towards...well running in the dunes. The body lift looked like it was done properly, I see way too many just kinda thrown on but this looks awesome. Just a heads up your gonna want start to find some replacement shock and springs cuz the ones Rough country make arent worth a damn. Good luck on your upcoming mods!!

#21 ·
nice pics guys love them!!!

#23 ·
I know this a old thread but wanted to bump it up as I just purchased a 2013 1500 Ram last week!

Love the truck and already going to do a bunch of mods

Here is the list of what is in the works;)

CST 7" Lift
Toyo MT tires 37x13.5x20
Either method or KMC wheels
Bushwaker flares
Superchip ECU Tune
N-Fab bars

Will post pixs soon!

#25 ·
Its been a while here are some pixs of the truck.

Car is now sponsored by:

CST Suspension
TOYO Tires
FUEL OFFROAD Wheels
Snug Top
N-FAB ( side steps in transit)
PA 3" Body lift

Tuck is sitting on 20" FUEL Wheels with 37" Toyo MT. Car runs like stock!

I am also getting the gears changed out to 4:56 next week along with bully dog programer and intake. Exhaust will be the last thing to do.

Enjoy:)

#26 ·
Beauty trucks guys!!

My 6" build looks modest next to a lot of yours. My 37's are pretty stuffed .. kind of a sleeper 6"/37 approach ;)

Ary, let us know how the gear swap goes. Are you swapping in a new front axle?

Thanks,

Var

#28 ·
With the CST lift im assuming its a 2wd, hence no front axle swap...

#29 ·
haha .. good catch!

I THOUGHT I was awake when I posted that .. apparently I'm sleep-posting ;)

Var

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.