DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Wire/Plug in storage box under rear seat in Crew Cab?

19K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  bassrat68 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been answered, but searching for 'plug' 'plug seat' 'plug under seat' etc didn't turn anything up.

To my suprise, I discovered my Crew Cab has handy storage bins under the rear seats. In discovering this, I also discovered a set of wires and a bare white plug in the passenger side bin.

Any clue what this goes to? I'd assume something in the rear of the truck but can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Can you post some pics so that we know exactly what you're referring to?

I hate to be rude, but .....
:worthless:

Exco

#5 ·
Excellent point, I figured it was a common thing so someone would know right away just from my description. Here are a couple of pics I snagged earlier.

In the overhead pic, the seat back is at the bottom of the pic, front of the truck towards the top. It's in the compartment under the passenger rear seat.

20131025_183426 by tecmotimes, on Flickr

20131025_183341 by tecmotimes, on Flickr

Thanks!

#6 ·
I'm guessing that it's associated with the sub woofer that you don't have installed under the rear passenger side seat.

If you had the sub, you'd have a huge black contraption with a little bitty sub, all plugged into that mystery connector.

Hope this helps

Exco

#8 ·
It does help, and from what I found online after searching the quality doesn't justify losing the rear storage space. I'm not sure what Chrysler expected pointing a tiny sub directly upwards into the bottom of a seat full of padding.

As for me I'll just tie that cable up next time I'm back there and keep using it as jumper cable storage :)

#7 ·
If the plug has 4 wires, it may be for the Sub-Woofer and should be found under the passenger side rear seat.

My 2013 Sub-Woofer wire colors are

DG-WT Negitive
GY-WT Positive
DG-BR Negative
GY-BR Positive

Greg

#11 ·
I just went from a 2014 Outdoorsman to a 2016 Sport. The sport has the Alpine 9 speaker system with sub and it sounds 200% better than the system that was in my Outdoorsman.
Can you buy better? Definitely. If you are an audiophile, you probably will want better. But for me and my untrained ear, it simply rocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.