DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Major concern. No ed fuel filters available

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  PTCTreeGuy 
#1 ·
No Ecodiesel fuel filters in north eastern Wi. available. OVER 1300 on back order from factory. With the vulnerability of diesel fuel in cold weather, jelling , wax formation and bad fuel, HOW CAN THIS BE. Anyone know of a Email address or telephone number that we can let Ram know that this is unacceptable ?

#8 · (Edited)
Fuel filters are a must on a diesel...I most definitely would not use that logic on a diesel because if you do than you're asking for water in the fuel light to come on and throw your truck into limp mode. That's why fuel filters are considered routine maintenance on diesels just like oil changes are.

As for filters...they are readily available online. I order Mopar fuel filters online for my Cummins because I was able to find them for a very good price. Typically I don't worry too much about running OEM, but the price was right so I figured why not? :smileup:

#6 ·
I found 4 places online under a minute that have the filter in stock. My local dealership stated they keep (1) oil and (1) fuel filter in stock at all times for the EcoDiesel - I've never called in advance, and after two oil changes I've never had a problem picking up the oil filter - so I assume they're telling the truth about the fuel filters.

Regardless, I think your converns about gel'ing are about over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRVRqlKaXUc

#12 ·
I don't see what the big deal is. My local dealership has 2 filters in stock as of 11am today - and I'm in the same state the OP claims has zero in stock.

I have also found several websites that have them in stock with 2-3 day shipping to Wisconsin.

#14 ·
I believe because most people have been able to find fuel filters in stock at the dealerships so either your local ones are lazy, stupid or both. I'm thinking switching dealerships might be a better plan or calling further away to source one. Two dealers locally here each had a half dozen in stock to support the vehicles they have sold and have on the lot.

#18 ·
I work in an automotive/racing industry. I sell parts to dealers who sell my parts.

When one of my dealers does not have parts in stock, many times they place blame on us, stating we have the parts John Doe Customer needs on back order. Why would they take the blame and look like the bad guy just because they havent ordered these parts?

It's easier to blame it on Chrysler.

If I was a betting man, I'd say this is what the local dealership is doing. There are several online sources and two dealerships within 30 minutes of me that have both filters in stock.

I could be wrong, and I'm not trying to start a pissing match - but I havent even bought a fuel filter yet as I'm using premium winter diesel and only at 19,000mi - I see no reason why I should need to have one early. I've also had ZERO problems getting oil filters for both of my oil changes so far, so why stock up on a spare?

#23 ·
AYE CARRUMBA!!!

One would think that if gelling was such a concern, the ~extra 10-15 bucks for shipping~ would be a very small price to pay, but,,, :4-dontknow:

ME? I believed I'd happily fork over the $$$ before I'd ever consider contacting RAM to complain about it,,, (Might even be cheaper online with shipping than buying direct from the stealer anyway,,,)

But, my Dad is the same way,,, Set in his ways and won't change. Oh well. He gets by,,, and so do I. :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.