DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Rigid industries led upgrade

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  RyanJM 
#1 · (Edited)
I suppose I'm advocating for Rigid for the sole reason I'm so impressed with their advances in lighting. I'm certainly not saying that other brand lighting is not up to par, I snapped a few photos this evening, I just set up the lights I have on my Smittybilt light bar for those that might be interested.
In sequence:

Low beams only:

Lows and fogs:

High beams

With the led's

A couple more road shots, the hot spot on the road is way less intense to the naked eye, my iPhone intensifies it a lot:

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m578/otterpilot/Mobile%20Uploads/1C3B36EF-E445-424E-9FDB-558D99458843.jpg[/IMG

The last shot is the 4 lights, the set-up may not look all that appealing but the function is awesome and the total amperage draw is a measly 10.3 amps.

[IMG]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m578/otterpilot/Mobile%20Uploads/26489DB6-99E6-4542-946F-42F01E9654B4.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
nice...looks great

#4 ·
Have you got any pics? I'd like to see that set up with your HID's. I'm waiting to afford a quad retrofit from Retroshop.

#6 ·
The one thing these trucks need is more light it seems. maybe it's just my eyes getting older, but I kinda think that my 06 GMC had a bit better lighting.

I'm still researching a LED upgrade for mine too. It's the one thing the laramie has goinig against it. Trying to find the most seamless integration. The base model trucks seem to be able to incorporate a LED bar into the grille or bumper cutouts better.

#7 · (Edited)
Here are a couple daytime shots of my set up.

These lights are insane how far they cast light down the road.

#9 ·
Nice setup . I was lazy and just used a 42" curved bar. Next is 2 pods in each side where my dogs are.

#10 ·
If your after distance, the 2 duallys I have are the new hyperspots, 8 degree light pattern, alone they throw light about 1000 feet down the road. They're pricey, about $ 270 a pair though, so they're not cheap.

#11 · (Edited)
I am going to use some another guy had but in 18watt 2 floods and 2 spot. Think they are sidetracked off road lights or something. Cost him $200 for the 13 and up brackets and both sets of lights. Just want something a little better looking and performing than stock. The 42" throws plenty down road for my actual needs. These are just something to do.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.