DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2003 faulty window master switch

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  moto1969 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever been able to fix their master switch, when WDO LOCK quit working?

If I have to jump 2 wires temporarily to disable the WDO LOCK button , that would be fine, I just don't know which 2 wires belong to the WDO LOCK circuit.

I tried taking apart the master switch with a screw driver but it's not wanting to come apart. I also tried pressing the button a million times to see if it would finally work, but that's not working either.

Not going to take a hammer to it, like some people have suggested...that is just silly! :LOL:

#4 ·
I wasn't able to take it apart. I could get the little plastic tabs up, but for some reason the switch wouldn't seperate.

I did find out that, if you run a jumper from the thick yellow wire on the front switch connector, to the tan wire on the rear connector...it will bypass the window lock.

The only problem is, I immediately got a check engine light after wiring the jumper in. Not sure why that would happen, but needless to say I took the jumper off.

My temporary solution was just press the button a million times and finally the switch did release the lock.

I will eventually buy a new switch, but mine is still in great condition, and I can't get myself to pay $50 for a new switch when every other button still works good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.