DODGE RAM FORUM banner

VES and aftermarket headrests

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Lyndz0612 
#1 ·
I just installed a set of aftermarket headrests and the chr550 lockpick. I activated the ves fuction on the stock 430N. Is it possible to control the headrest monitors using the ves functions on the nav unit? I can put a dvd on the 430N and send the picture to the back headrests but that is all done using the Disc function on the radio. When I enter the VES function, the radio doesnt receive video. Any ideas on how to use the VES? On a side note, the headrests are the Rosen AV-7900 series and the factory match option for the pebble interior is dead on.:smileup:

#3 ·
I had no idea they made these things that perfectly match the stock interior! I was checking them out and it looks like I can get just the monitors for about $500. If I did that and got the chr550 could I still watch seperate movies on each screen? I have a 17 month old daughter and planning on one more kid so eventually I would like to be able to let them watch what ever on long road trips.

#4 ·
I bought a set of eBay headrests 200$ bought a lock pick 550 and I can put a DVD in the head unit and play them in the headrests. Before I bought a lock pick I wired the units directly to the head unit and had the dealer turn on the ves function. The signal didn't get sent to the headrests properly so I had to buy the lock pic. I also can put a movie in and play the radio at the same time. Movies playing in the back seat and the radio up front

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.