DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Permanent Tire Shine????

7K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  NOCORAM 
#1 ·
Has anybody tried this stuff? It's a tire shine that doesnt wear off. It claims to last forever, but I know that's not realistic. I have a coworker that swears by it and I'm thinking about giving it a shot. The website is tuffshine.com

#3 ·
Just ordered 3 kits from them, plan on giving some out for Christmas presents. The guy on the phone was really helpful and excited about the products so I'm hoping for the best. He said they just stopped taking orders online and are scheduled to enter the market in the first quarter of next year. But hey, If it works like it claims, who knows when I'll be buying more, lol.

#6 ·
I'm not a fan of tire shine stuff. A lot of them will dry out the side-walls of the tires and cause them to prematurely crack and dry-rot.

#10 ·
then you using the wrong stuff man. just a general rule of thumb never use Armor All it has alcohol in it for an evaporation property and can crack tires and interior eventually. Use a gel that needs to be applied by an applicator. DP Gloss Tire Gel is damn good, its an actual rubber protectant that you apply multiple coats of.

#11 ·
im interested to see how this stuff turns out aswell

#15 ·
I've used it on my '07 Charger and it works great, the trick is to use the included cleaner really well first and get every bit of grime off the tires. It is however not permanent but is does last a good 6 - 8 months, I just purchased a 2014 Black Ram 1500 and TuffShine was the first accessory I ordered.
Here's a pic of my tire on the charger after about a month.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee442/DanPop985/156b7fb0.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.