DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Headlights and Tail lights

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  streetHEMI 
#1 ·
Ok gang I have started to upgrade my 2012 ram 2500, so far I have put in a Redi Lift, 3 inch front 1 inch rear and interior LED's, now looking to possibly swap headlight and tail lights. What would anyone recommend? I have heard some talk about the recon brand but don't know if I want to spend that much since I'm about to put some new wheels and tires. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

#2 ·
I have the Recon LED smoked tail lights and I had the 3rd tail light until I got water in the hole and fried it. I went with Retro Shops projector headlights. Are the headlights expensive, some what, but you can fully customize it how you want.
If you want to do a 2013+ projector retrofit with the LED turn signals you can do that. Paint scheme, any way you want. I blacked mine out since my truck is gray and black. I really want to get the 13+ with the LED turns, just not priority at this time.
Hopefully this doesn't get deleted for the plug, but give Jeremy a shout, or if you need more info send a PM and I'll let ya know.

#3 · (Edited)
I did a recent upgrade for my 5 y/o old 10' RCSB 4x4 to look more like a new 15'

Started with dumping my crappy old plasti-dip'd chrome clads
for new 14' Sport polished aluminum (new take-offs were $600) Kijiji.
New tires are 305/50R20 General Grabber AT2's (32" x 12.4")

Then ordered up a set of custom RetroShop murdered out 13+ Projectors
retro fitted with Morimoto FX-R HID projectors and Amber LED demon eyes.

Last step was a set of 14' OEM LED tails ($200) locally on kijiji
that required an adapter harness from the RetroShop (just like the heads)
I tinted the tails two shades darker with VHT Nite Shades, cleared, wet sand, polish.

Check out the Before/After

Output...

LED's with 2 coats VHT

Stock park lamps

LED park lamps

OEM Quad Halogen low beams, 40 foot throw distance

OEM 13+Projectors with drop-in HID kit

13+ TYC Replica Projectors with FX-R upgrade, low beam
don't even have to wait for night to seriously light sht up!

Same shot but with stock fogs and a drop-in HID kit
(35w/5000k to match heads)

#6 ·
Tail lights look great

Truck looks great!! I want to tint my tail lights identical to yours!! They look like a factory finish. Can you give me your step by step for this process. Also did you tint entire lens 2 coats or did you tape off back up light? What brand clear coat and polish did you use to get that finish? Thank you for your time

#7 ·
Perfect look!! Great job!! Truck looks great!! I want to tint my tail lights identical to yours!! They look like a factory finish. Can you give me your step by step for this process. Also did you tint entire lens 2 coats or did you tape off back up light? What brand clear coat and polish did you use to get that finish? Thank you for your time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.