DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Flowmaster 50 Series HD

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pld 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Flowmaster 50 Series HD muffler with a 3" centered inlet and dual 2.5" outlet for my regular cab express with a 5.7L. I took it in to the shop to slap it on and I was told it wouldn't fit. It is the model Flowmaster said would fit on it, and when shown, it wouldn't fit because of the interesting placement of the stock muffler. I realized when I bought it that there would need to be some modifications needed to be made like adding exhaust pipe. He just seemed stumped because that particular Midas most likely had never done this sort of work on a 2012 Ram. I'm interested to find out if there is anyone out there who was in a similar situation and what you have done to work around it without messing up the placement of the stock dual exhaust tips.

#2 ·
Hi

I go the following Muffler - 50 Series(TM) Heavy Duty - 3 in. Offset Inlet / 2.25 in. Dual Outlet - 409S Stainless Steel; Part Number: 97149-03196737

It was a direct fit for My 2013 ram and took about 90 min to install it. great sound not to bad on drone. I have had it on for about 8 months and I lost around 1mpg after putting it on but not a big deal. I do notice its a little better on low end throttle response

#3 ·
Didn't use Flowmaster but most aftermarket mufflers won't be exact same size as the enormous ones that come on our trucks. I got 3" inlet 2.5" outlet and it worked fine, but I took it to a good custom exhaust shop. He had to add 2 sections of pipe to the outlets and bend them a little and welded all together. Took about 30mins.
*I wouldn't trust Midas to change oil...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.