DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need help identifying a component of fuel tank/evap system

ANSWERED! 
4K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  cfitodd 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello. I was changing my fuel pump yesterday in my 2003 Ram 1500. It's a 4.7l and has the smaller 26 gal fuel tank. While working, I managed to break off a brittle plastic nipple that was attached to a small round cylinder that is located on top of the tank. It looks like some kind of charcoal canister or possibly part of the Evap system. It has three black fuel lines attached to it with two being attached to the tank's rollover ports and a third line that appears to go to the evap system.

I took the part into my local parts store thinking they'd just quickly look it up and I'd be back in business. I was wrong. They could not locate it in any of their computer systems and I can't find it anywhere on any online sources like RockAuto etc. In the diagram below, it is labeled as part #3.....liquid expansion chamber.

If you could help me to find an actual part number so I can find one and get back on the road, that would be great! Thanks for the help!

See less See more
#7 ·
Frustrating isn't it! Thanks again for the help. It took a Google image search of a 2003 Dodge Ram fuel tank and searching through numerous pics to even find one that had it depicted as installed on my tank. I plan on taking it into a dealer with a large service center when I get back home Thursday and seeing what we can come up with.....but I'm not overly optimistic if you're having trouble yourself. Thanks again for trying to solve this problem for me. I'll be checking back here eagerly!

#8 ·
I work at a dealership and I was using Chrysler diagrams. I've looked at all the 2003 diagrams for fuel and emissions and got nothing. I even checked 2002 and 2004 model years in the interest of being thorough and still have nothing. It's got me and two experienced parts guys baffled.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.