DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What Rims for White Ram

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  m109ram 
#1 ·
I'm going to run 37s and instal lift. All i see around are blacked out wheels. I have a white quad cab big horn with chrome bumpers and like the combo of how it looks with the stock 20 chromes. But again thats stock at stock height. Im going to lift and would like a suggestion on what wheels will look good on this thing. Originally i was thinking of the BMF F.I.T.E. with machine inserts, death metal. But im unsure. Its seem every one around has all blacked rims. BTW i'm running the factory stainless wheel to wheel steps. Will post pics soon.

Thanks.:Hey:

#2 ·
Sounds like me. Your truck seems similar. I have so much chrome (huge bumpers and grill) that I was afraid to go with an all black wheel. So I went with a combo of black and machined. I bought black KMC XD Spy's. As you mentioned, BMF and Fuel both have several wheels with a combo of black and machined or polished. Check out Fuel's website. I love a lot of their wheels.

#3 ·
White truck, chrome bumpers, I stay with chrome wheels. I don't really care much for the black wheels unless the are high shine gloss. But that's just my opinion.

#5 ·
thanks for the replies guys. Well my White truck/chrome bumpers problem got a little bigger. LOL. I ended up getting a 14 ram crew cab 6.4 bed. Big Horn, white! dam this thing looks long. It needs a lift ,looks low, but the hieght is the same as the qc. i measured. The metal Mulisha /procomp 7113 wheels look sweet. black/machine w/ skull.

#7 · (Edited)
Chrome, Chrome,Chrome,Chrome,Chrome,Chrome....

Chrome, Chrome,Chrome,Chrome,Chrome,Chrome

I have the white, 1500, Quad Cab, Big Horn with the Chrome Bumpers and Grill.I also have the Chrome hub caps. Boy was I pissed off 2 days after I rolled off the lot when I realized the wheels are plastic chrome covers. I just got the truck but when the time comes for new (Real Wheels) I will stay with the same theme and get chrome wheels, The Black wheels are a fad and will go out of style like a 6 button suit.

Don't lift it too high, Make sure it doesn't look foolish. Also be weary of your factory gearing in the diffs. I have 3.21 to 1 in this truck and 3.55 to 1 in my last one. You really need the 3.92 to 1 or at least the 3.55 to 1 if you wanna roll those tires. If I tried to run those big meats on the 3.21 to 1 gears it would fall on its face. Sure it would get around, but not like it should.

JoeyDBabe

#8 ·
JDB, I think you may find the plastic chrome easier to maintain and no pitting. Just your car wash soap and water and they look like new.

#9 ·
I went with a set of chrome fuel throttles. I liked the hostages but everyone and their brother has them it seems. I was also drawn to Fuel's PVD Chrome finish. The truck is at the shop getting everything installed, once I pick it up sunday I will post a pic. If you have chrome on the truck my vote is stay chrome or something similar. If it was painted to match bumpers blacked out would look good, but in my opinion blacked out and chrome don't go together. its one or the other for my tastes.

Good Luck, post up what you decide!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.