DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Canadian Hemi Pride 2008 Ram 1500 SXT Build Thread

37K views 200 replies 33 participants last post by  Laffs 
#1 ·
Been really slacking on making this.. But figured it was time to jump on board. So here we go.. pic heavy from stock to now, as best as I can. Somewhere along I switched the soft cover that came with the truck from a F250 ext cab to a proper sized cab and a Audivox code alarm 2 way alarm system with auto start, and a hood bug guard.
First day bone stock- October 2012

First mod was HID's, but will include in with another pic.. So first real mod was S&B CAI.. Thanks To Grub's great review.

Next Was Grill LED's to go with my HID's

Pic after cleaning it all up in the winter :D

Plasti-dipp black grill.

Just playing around in a field.

Black Headlight covers.. Sadly didn't last :(

Black plasti-dipp Bumpers

See less See more
#2 ·
it's about time son.

keep them coming

#3 · (Edited)
continue..

Some Camping fun.

60" LEDglow lightbar from Bully's Performance (terrible pic)

5" MBRP black exhaust tip on my exhaust with Flowmaster super 44 muffler and resonator delete, mandrel bent pipe.

Tinted my tails.. Round 2 :doh:

Then Came bilsteins 5100 adjustabled in the front at 2" with 35/12.50/17 Toyo open country m/t's with 17" XD addict rims with -12 offset

Tow Mirrors :smiley_thumbs_up:

Some post mud-fun

Just chillin looking all pretty and such.

Some Flexin.

I also forgot to take pics of my Diablo sport Trinity tuner, Dipped emblems, Led reverse lights, Window visors and some other minor things.
Also want to say thank you to Bully's Performance, and specifically Andrew for dealing with my ten trillion questions through text and email for some great prices and service as I purchases my light bar, MBRP tip, Bilstiens and tires/ Rims combo through them, and did not have any issues.
Future plans for my truck within the next year

1. Husky Floormats
2. 6" lift.. Eithor RCX or BDS
3.Black Headlights.
4. Install my alpine type S speakers, maybe new deck and sub.
5. Possibly bush bar/ bull bar.
6. Custom engine skid plate.
7. Tinted fronts to match back and a limo tint eyebrow tint.
8. Probably a ton more stuff I can't remember.

But ya.. My truck so far, and updates will follow.

#5 ·
gah i need some real 35s.

yours look way bigger than mine :/ well, because they are. stupid federals.

#11 ·
yeah I know. but now that I'm kinda over the whole "mudding thing" im gonna go with a less aggressive tire I think but that still performs. like the milder mickey thompsons or BFGs. not sure. gonna run these federals into the ground first. won't take long.

mudding was fun, taking people out..i really do it for my friends i came to realize. now that we've hit all the spots, and ive taken everyone i know. it's not appealing anymore. nevermind the shit you break and how crappy my paint and shit looks now.

it might be different if i had other friends with trucks that would go out with me...but i don't. so i can go hit the big stuff because if i get stuck im screwed. I won't have Candy08 there to pull me out again :LOL:

OH! I saw his truck on 95 the other day. he sold it and got that F350 and moved to Arkansas. But i saw it.

#12 ·
Ya I saw somewhere that you said he got an F350 and sold his rig.. Sad day :smiledown:

And I understand that completely with mudding and breaking shit.. I really only go the odd time to actually go mudding but the tires are great for if I happen to go to a muddy as heel scrap yard or yesterday I had to pick my bro up from paintball in a muddy as hell corn field where little cars got stuck. My next set of tires will prob not be as intense, love the look and ability of these.. Amazing tires, but as much as I try to justify needing them.. I really only do some messing round mudding 2-3 times a month if I find a random cool spot to ripp round in for 10-20 mins :LOL:

#13 ·
yeah. i just wish tires weren't so DAMN expensive. it's insane.

i just can't seem to sit on any money. im makin more than i ever have, but shit keeps popping up.

i tell myself I'm rich, just with a lot of bills. lol.

buying beer and hunting gear and ammo doesn't help saving up any

#19 ·
Yeah I like to myself I am rich too. but then I realize I have to set apart a few grand for a year of school, and have money aside for insurance and gas seeing as during the school year I only work 1 week day and sometimes weekends, plus the odd scrap run.. So gotta save where I can.. I see all this money come flying in and then realize that it is already going aside and then look and see I can afford to buy an air freshener and that is about all:sad:.. I bought my truck up front so I do not have to worry about that spending thank god. And I wish I had a hunting gear to spend money on and guns lol. I got my girlfriend.. So there goes that money:LOL:
I approve of both these statements!! ;)

Kyle, what are you looking at getting for your next truck?

Brandon, have you thought about colour matching your whole front bumper? I'm thinking that would look really good on your truck. Especially with the new wheels and tires you have on there. Then either leave the grille black or colour match it as well. It would be a sick looking set up IMO.
I have thought about the whole colour match.. Seen a bunch of silver 3rd gen rams around my city with painted bumpers and they look sweet, just don't think I would want to fork out the cash for it. the one thing I like about my black plasti-dipp is that it does a great job protecting my steel bumpers so if I ever sold the truck and removed it all, they would look brand new still. And I am liking the whole silver and black I am going with right now. Down the road I may get bored and change it al up, but who knows.
not sure man. I really like the idea of a ram 2500, just because i think they are the absolute best looking lifted trucks out there.

might play around with the idea of going back to a Ford, F250 maybe. say what you want.

it's kind of far off for right now. still have 3.5 years to pay my 2007 off. then about that time my little bro will just be starting to drive so I'll give it to him.

or maybe if I swing a decent job out of this internship then ill trade her in. i just really don't know. It's going to be tough for sure.

i know it's going to be white or gray. no more of this dark blue bullshit, horrible color to keep looking good.
Dark colours look awesome.. But require more cleaning then driving :LOL:.. 1 reason I love silver is that it just always looks clean except when muddy or hadn't been washed in a long long time.

And boo to Ford :gy:.. Other then a king ranch because they are nice.. I have an 08 F350 single cab long box 4x4 offroad with a 6.4L powerstroke.. Truck has had some pain in the ass problems and feels underpowered for a diesel. It does haul everything we hook up to it though. Actually it is easier to drive it with a heavy trailer hooked up over no load... No load feels like your driving a lumber truck through a field.

#15 ·
not sure man. I really like the idea of a ram 2500, just because i think they are the absolute best looking lifted trucks out there.

might play around with the idea of going back to a Ford, F250 maybe. say what you want.

it's kind of far off for right now. still have 3.5 years to pay my 2007 off. then about that time my little bro will just be starting to drive so I'll give it to him.

or maybe if I swing a decent job out of this internship then ill trade her in. i just really don't know. It's going to be tough for sure.

i know it's going to be white or gray. no more of this dark blue bullshit, horrible color to keep looking good.

#16 ·
I'm assuming 4th gen 2500? If so then yes, I fully agree that the 4th gen heavy duty trucks looks absolutely mean lifted. I can't wait to get mine there.

I'll pretend that you didn't mention anything about Ford.... :4-looney: lol

Sweet man, that time will go buy pretty quick. Plus it will give you some good time to really plan out what you want. And by then there might be 5th gen Rams out there that you can get in to! ;)

I know what you mean about the darker colour too. Although my 3500 is still Mineral Grey which is somewhat dark it's 100 times better to have than black. Very happy with that colour choice so far!

#17 ·
yeah that's another thing. by the time i get a new truck, they'll be lots of things to consider, esp with a new gen out (im sure there will be). esp with the way diesels are going.

i do love big megacabs 3rd gens lifted though too, but by the time I'm getting a new one, getting a 3rd gen wouldn't make sense.

it'll probably definitely almost for sure most likely be a diesel, because as soon as i can afford a boat I'm getting one. ill definitely have a get around car like i do now.

it's all up in the air at this point!

also, I'm not a fan of these newer trucks and all this electronic bullcrap in them. seems like more stuff to break. I'd love to stick with 3rd gens forever if i could get one new lol.

#24 ·
Thanks a lot man:smileup:. Ya I wish I could do it tomorrow, but gotta keep money aside for school and all the damn expenses of life. Girlfriend keeps trying to get me to go away on a trip too.. So not helping there:LOL: .. I have also been hoping to get the trucks oil sprayed for rust proofing this week, and would hope to get rid of my plastic bed liner and get it line-x'd as those things love to hold water and let rust build right on up :i_rolleyes:

#31 ·
Thanks :) buti don't recommend getting the headlights, don't get my wrong I loved the look. I do a lot of highway driving day/night and at night in the prairies (AB) they suck!! No i didn't have the hid kit which may have helped and be way better, I dunno. Also I had to keep a rag an spray bottle in my door due to the fact being on dirt roads, dust on the black headlights made it miserable to see..
hope this helps :)

#32 ·
I do a ton of country driving with Bambi and his little buddies out there, main reason I got hid's. I can see the world from every direction.. So lighting isn't really the issue. It is a challenge to find a nice set of black headlights for 3rd gens. Found a seller on Kijiji for 300 today though. Halo's, hid compatible and such.

#35 ·
Here's my thoughts on the lift kit you get....

Sure BDS would be nice and is a better quality kit. But you also don't plan on keeping your Ram for a very long time either. Within a few years you're going to be looking for a Cummins. So IMO the Rough Country kit would be perfectly fine for you. You'll save a bit of money and then can put that towards other mods or start up a Cummins savings account ;) Plus I've haven't heard of too many problems with the RCX kits on 3rd gens.

#36 ·
Yeah that is another thought going through my head too. I met this guy at my school who I parked beside, he has 2nd gen SCSB with a 5" RCX suspension and 3" body and worked for a place that did lifts and saying how he hasn't experienced any real problems with the rough country kits.

Was funny seeing a Ram with 8"s of lift and running same size tires as me :LOL:

#40 ·
cool front end bro. tryna be like me? :LOL: Looks good!

#42 ·
Pfttt trying :p.. I just finally completed the blackout.. The only chrome officially left on my truck are inside of the lights for the bulbs and the 5.7L part of the hemi badge.. Gotta get on my level and ditch the chrome bumpers :gy: .. Even though I did do my grill after seeing your truck before :LOL:
I'm liking it....Alot
:smiley_thumbs_up:
Thanks a lot :smileup:.. Haven't washed my truck in prob 2 months other then quick power wash to remove mud.. So that plasti-dipp looks real dirty.. Gotta touch the front bumper up too, I missed up when I first did it so there is those stupid small pieces of chrome showing.

#46 ·
awesome pictures. I'm assuming those are some of your buddies trucks. I'm jealous, not ONE of my friends owns a truck. it's pathetic. no one to go have fun with and I get stuck hosting any activity that requires one. camping, concerts, bon fires, hauling stuff.

the snow caked up in the wheels like that? weird. I guess there aren't many gaps for it to fall through in that style wheel.

#48 ·
Ya I got a few more buds with trucks but the chev owners don't come out unless its sunny and my bud with an 04 and 09 Ram is a trucker and was off hauling somewhere. Always great to have buds with trucks.

Ya that snow got caked up good, The fact that I went and found a lot that hadn't been touched yet and was doing donuts and drifts in 4x4 and rwd for 10-20 mins probably explained the snow build up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.