DODGE RAM FORUM banner

LED lightbar placement

17K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  freshane 
#1 ·
hey guys im looking to order one or two LED lightbars very soon. Depending what size i go with im trying to figure out the best placement. I can make my own mounts if need be, and im all stock as far as bumper etc. its a '13 sport. Pictures would be great!

Ramboner

#2 ·
Totron makes a lightbar that is 58mm tall, the lower valance is 62mm tall.
That's where I would like to mount it, Im looking at picking up a 30"

#3 ·
Has anyone considered mounting a light bar right in front of the grill?, basically drilling into the painted part atop the bumper ( bottom,front)of the grill is what I'm getting at, it's committing to the location though, you would end up with 4 holes if you ever removed it. It's a nice flat stable location, a curved 40 inch light bar would work perfect there, it looks like it would match the curve of the top of the bumper well. It would also keep the light from the bar close to the same height as the headlights.

#5 ·
Dont think ive seen the curved LED Light yet! -interesting

Rigid is/has come out with a 50" roof mounted curved light bar.

I have a 20" SR Rigid light bar I'm going to install once warmer weather comes around. I nixed the original way I was going to mount it, instead prolly going to install it under the top bar on my bull bar. I already got some dually's on the 2 bottom mounting points, and don't feel like messing around with having to move my front license plate.

#9 ·
Thanks.

An unexpected benefit is that from straight on the LEDs really blend into the grill. From a distance you can barley tell they are there (if the are off, of course!).

My only complaint with the Westin bar is that it shakes a little on bumpy roads and the only way I can think of to stabilize it is to drill a support bracket into the bumper...I am not quite ready to do that just yet...

#12 ·
My only complaint with the Westin bar is that it shakes a little on bumpy roads and the only way I can think of to stabilize it is to drill a support bracket into the bumper...I am not quite ready to do that just yet...
Just a thought - can you utilize the 2 license plate bolt holes to secure a stabilizing brace for the Westin bar? That way no drilling required.

#14 ·
Your welcome :)

When you button it all down I wonder if rubber bushings would help dampen the vibes, and such. Or would that make the system worse? An engineer, I am not ;)

#17 ·
Vision X had the licence plate mount out before Rigid, but they are both pretty well the same other than Vision X has a X on it and Rigid has RI on theirs, not that I am going to see it anyways as we have front licence plates. I do have the SR-series light(10") with the combo light pattern. Will be putting it on in the spring when it warms up. Was -31 C here the other day.

#18 ·
I know this is an old post but the least I could do is contribute to this forum. 14 ram sport with a 20" rigid e series combo. The lower bumper valance is quite a bit smaller but the bar still fits pretty good. Would have loved to have gone with a larger bar but couldn't drive a 4x4 without tow hooks.

#19 ·
Ive got a 42" in my lower valance

#23 ·

#22 ·
Heading into my second winter with mine and no issues, mine came from Japan and it has an IP 68 rating. The higher the rating, the higher the tolerance or resistance to vibration, dust and water infiltration.

#25 ·
Hope he has the upgraded altenator on that thing.:doh::LOL:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.