#1 ·
hi

i'm about to purchase a HID kit for my hi,low and fog from HIDXTRA

anyone have them?? are they working well, do you like them

anything i should know before doing that

any pros or con

thanks

#3 ·
Don't buy a cheap kit. Make sure it has a wiring harness included. I have heard people have problems with these kits, and also not sending everything that is included in the kit.

#4 ·
HIDeXtra is OK. I bought for their Black Friday Sale a year ago and didn't have too many problems.

Make sure you run the lows w/ a relay harness and use the capacitor harness on the power leg side of that relay harness to smooth out the flicker issues.

Mine have run well in (2) trucks now ('09 and '11) until yesterday when I lost either a fog bulb or ballast. Since they're in the midst of their Black Friday Sale again, I just ordered a new fog kit (since I didn't have time to diagnose the failure as a bulb or ballast) and a spare bulb for the lows. This way I'll have at least (1) (maybe (2)) spare ballasts and at least (1) (maybe (2)) spare fog lamps (in addition to the spare low bulb) when I'm done.

#8 ·
I have had kits from HIDextra, 3bspec and tspny.com. Personally they all are about the same quaility. I generally get the tspny.com ones because they are close to where I live and generally arrive within 2 days and there support is good.

#10 ·
thanks all

i ordered fog low and high reg 55w kit with the capacitor (i hope i wont get issues with it) i chose the 5000k finally, because i didnt whant it to be blue

if i do i will buy the relayn the tech said i should not need it since i buy the capacitor?? anyway ill see soon enough

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.