DODGE RAM FORUM banner

This might rub some of u guys the wrong way

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  shanealan5 
#1 ·
without going into details i have had some health issues and i am working with pennies....I just bought this truck a little over a month ago i have alot of body work to do im asking u guys for your opinions after i treat the rust i want to fill the holes with expanding foam cut the foam back cover with fiberglass mesh so i waste as little bondo as possible after the foam falls out do u think that the fiberglass patch will hold or will cave in and fall out there are some pretty large holes? will Professional Gold Bondo Body Filler work or do i need something else? Im a newbee to body repair appreciate all comments! Im not worried about the tailgate prolly just replace that

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Just experience from buying a car someone did this to. The expanding foam generally won't fall out and it holds moisture and will make it rust worse than it already was. Mine was a 74 Dart and both rocker panels were done this way. To answer your question, if you layer the fiberglass and have good adhesion it will hold.

#3 ·
not permanant

thank you for your comment i dont plan on it being a permanant fix ill probably replace the whole box sooner or later but the longr it holds and looks good the longer i have to buy a box i am looking for a polyurethane foam that is water resistant in my search for looking for foam fixes i seen a few cars that beside there frame were completely made out of foam i have no idea how but they were lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.