DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Y-pipe installed pic heavy

53K views 171 replies 55 participants last post by  Pnm1113 
#1 ·
Once I climbed under the truck and actually saw the stock y-pipe and ran my hands down it I was completely motivated to get rid of that thing. Unbelievable that they would crush a pipe like that. Once I got it home I measured the 2.5" pipe at the start of the crush its about 1.5" and gets down to 1" at the collection point. My exhaust guy was blown away by it and said it would increase my flow by at least 40% with the new y-pipe. With my fastman TB , CAI and 14" mufflex this was surely the missing link to bring it all together. I dont have any real numbers to put to it but there is no way anyone can convince me this isnt a must do. And for $140 parts and labor it was way worth it. Updates to come as I get more drive time with it.

See less See more
#5 ·
Wow , I didnt think it could get much worse. How are ya having your exhaust done.

#7 · (Edited)
#8 ·
#9 ·
The stock y on these trucks is an absolute embarrassment.

#11 ·
Bit the bullet after paying the bills, got the y pipe for $23.92 with free shipping from autoanything.com. They price matched from another website and I saved some money off their asking price of $27.36. I'm going to get it installed sometime hopefully soon, I got to get my pesky welder working again!

#13 ·
looks great! the 3rd gens are even worse! how do you like the switch? any noticable changes?

#14 ·
Alot more Get up and go especially in the mid range, i think the computer is still adjusting but so far IM very happy with it, it brings all my other mods together. One thing IM trying to get use to is letting off the accelerator earlier when IM coming to a stop. With less back pressure it rolls faster, longer so I've been pretty hard on the brakes. Overall very happy

#15 ·
sweet im excited to do mine, im actually in the process of it now

#19 ·
hey did you just get your y pipe installed and thats it? looks like you didnt change your piping at all from the cats.

#21 ·
Ya , nothing changed before the cats, Y-pipe and mufflex 14". I didnt mention the mufflex cause that got done a while back if thats what you meant

#22 ·
No I mean like alot of guys get the pipe cut off close to the cat and get new bent pipe to the y. On yours it looks like it's barely any new pipe and it still uses the crushed stock pipe just changed out the y

#24 ·
I see what ya mean, no I think its due to being a poor cell phone picture. It was cut prior to the point where it starts being pinched. Using the crushed stock pipe on a new Y would have defeated the purpose

#26 ·
the crushed portion is sitting on my work bench

#28 ·
Yea that's what I'm saying lol that's why I was like wtf?? And yea Sean it's bad under the tranny

#31 ·
For sure I'll have them before or after the tranny

#32 ·
IM not sure if we're all on the same page but to answer the original question clearly
. There are no crush or pinch points from the cats to the point were it exits at the rear. Sorry for any confusion i may have caused

#33 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.