DODGE RAM FORUM banner

exterior mods almost complete

14K views 90 replies 25 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
well I am almost done with the exterior mods on my 2011 1500 sport with the Larimie/longhorn package have some pics of the progress just have the headlights and tail pipes left to black out would like to bake and color match the headlight bezel have not seen that around here so it would be original to many after markets out there tail pipes undecided as well here are some pics of the progress feed back and opinions would be great

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
well here is some more pics I got a couple of side by side shots of the transformation from stock the rest is the interior that I did this weekend color matched to the exterior whith a semi gloss finish ,and some pics of the headlights when I get a nice day I will detail and post some better pics.all and all I am happy with the way the exterior has turned out and the silver trim inside is finally gone

#33 ·
Well I think I have completed the exterior,It was a nice sunny day so I thought I would fukken my truck and take a couple of pics,installed my custom racks,shined up the tires,here is some updated pics since I had the missing parts to my lift installed,now the rake is not as pronounced looks much better.

Reactions: Hex
#35 ·
No I bought them off ebay,they where cheaper than buying oem buckets,sold my factory buckets and actually made a couple of bucks.

#39 ·
True any suggestions on where and cheap,don't use it,have sirius sat.. there is always something else that can be done with these trucks,and every time I come on to this forum I find something else.I think I am going to start the performance end,where the big dollars can be spent.(so much to do so little money.)Lol

#44 ·
gas mileage is getting better, I was sitting around 24L/100kms now after the air intake mod I am around 21L/100km

#45 ·
So being lifted your truck uses more fuel.
I have 3000km's on my truck and average between 16/16.8L/100

I know we are driving trucks and shouldn't worry about gas, which I am not at what I am getting, but I was considering lifting mine also, but not if the fuel changes by that much.....
Something I may need to consider.
I do have a CAI also.

#46 ·
my gas mileage would be better if my foot was not so heavy I am going to test my self and see how much it will improve.

#51 ·
yah highway is not to bad,I have 4 years of warrenty left so I drive it like I stole it,so when it breaks it gets replaced free, mostly the lift end of things seeing I had it built by the dealer,and it has all ready paid off a little

#53 ·
the mopar lift is nice because they use the bilstien adjustables,I was looking at a 12 they have on the lot it was a 4" with 35's it was nice,plane jane though,I like my Procomp 6" and it was a little cheaper and I still get my 5 year 100 km

#54 ·
my dealer seems like they'd make a fight out of it if anything happend and I was using anything that wasn't MOPAR. I looked at those procomps too and seems like a hell of a deal. Same with Rough Country. I just don't wanna have to fight 'em over anything.

Gas mileage is a big concern to me though. If you're right on that one and it's about 16-17 highway that's not bad at all. That's 95% of my driving.

#55 ·
I am talking Liters/100kms,I don't know what your area is like for hills etc. but I did go to the flat lands (Alberta,Sask.) and my mileage was around 12-14L/100kms which was amazing.

#56 ·
Bigger tires = less fuel economy

#84 ·
Just thought I would update you on the mpg and lift,I had a flowmaster 40 muffler installed a couple of months ago and with the cia mod my highway miliage is much better 15.2L/100Kms the city is about 18L/100Kms have not changed my driving style, hope this helps in your desition on the lift.

#58 ·
well here it is my grill and tail gate badges finally finished painting (pain in the ass) after three tries I am finally done install this weekend what do you think notice the engraving on the large emblem they would not do it so I thought I would take a crack at it

#62 ·
yes I am interested how much and what do you think it would be to ship to Kelowna B.C.,also do you have a pic ,I was just looking online for one what is the reseption like??

#66 ·
here is some pics of the new badges installed

#68 ·
yes that is my brand,I am interested in the stubby but am concerned about reception because my family likes to go to the drive in and it would suck if I could not get reception I will get back to you on that have to think about it thanks

#73 ·
Have a new idea for my truck,thinking of adding some stripes down the middle with ghosted realistic flames,probably a mat black stripes,ideas would be helpful??????

#76 ·
at least if it does'nt turn out I can peel it off and be done with it lol

#78 ·
the only thing is if it turns out good how do I keep it with out it peeling over time,I guess I could clear it with a flat clear coat,I wonder if I put a dozen or so coats of clear and then power buffed it if it would hold up or not,I think I need to do some research on the plasti dip for durability??

#79 ·

here is a pic of my latest creation,it would turn out better next time as I am purchasing a new air brush the last one crapped out on me half way through the project and I don't have the patiance to wait,I just delt with it and hoped for the best lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.