DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How to upgrade to stock touch screen?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  astroman54 
#1 ·
Hey guys right now in my truck i have the 430n i believe with the u connect just really basic radio. I would like to upgrade to a 730n in my truck, keep it factory and easy. I noticed the plugs are the same except the blue one on the back, what all would i need to do to make this work in my truck?

#2 ·
It is a straight plug and play. I have went from a RES 130 to 430 to 430n to 730n in about 45 days time. The radios are interchangeable between the 09-12. What blue plug are you talking about? You have any pictures? If you go with the 730n, go for one that is the RHR which is the updated version of the RER.

Also, if you have the auto dimming mirror with mic, then that simply plugs into the back of the radio. If you do not, then you will need a few more cables to get the external mic to work, unless you add the auto dimming mirror with mic (like I did). I feel the sound quality of my voice was better with the auto dimming mirror/mic then the external mic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.