DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New Hurst Wheels

8K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  abouttobeglue 
#1 ·
I waited patiently for Hurst to release these. These are 22"s with 285/45/22. Weight is good and weighed in on my scale at 78 pounds. This is a 4x4 with a Ground Force 2" rear drop.

]

See less See more
#9 ·
Ha! I thought that I was the only one loving the Hurst!
I was actually looking at downgrading to the 20" Hurst Stunners to replace my R/T 22's because the ride is so poor (bell tech 2/4 lowering kit is the root cause).

Did you feel a ride difference between the 20's and 22's?
What tires did you go with?

thanks

Edit: I bought my truck at Tuttle Click also. Did it over the internet, guys were douchebags - but in the end I got a huge discount so it was worth the trek from the 818.

#10 ·
I like the 22's over the 20's. I debated 20 vrs 22's for awhile. It rides about the same but the truck has more of a performance feel. I went with the Yokohama Prarada Spec X. There reasonably priced, good reviews and only 39lbs. Weight was important to me. I hate losing power/throttle response to wheels.

Tuttle click was ok. They gave me an good deal, but had to play the walk out game because they were BS's on some advertised discounts.

#11 ·
Six degrees of separation here.:Hey:..Im going tomorrow to get 4 Yoko Spec X's installed on my Wife's granola-mobile (Volvo XC60 R design). It came with 20's and Pirelli's. The Pirellis were almost twice the cost of the Yokos, same tread wear rating and had worse reviews. Looks like a no-brainer...

Did you go with 285's or 305 size?

Bonus points to you for understanding the concept of unsprung weight.:smile up:

#17 ·
I've got the stunner black with machines face on my truck in 20s, with the factory goodyears, I love em, haven't seen another truck with em, there are a few challengers and Camaros that run em.

#18 ·
My truck

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.