DODGE RAM FORUM banner

lowering question

976 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  evilevo04 
#1 ·
Hi I just joined the forum and have a question that's probably been asked a hundred times. I have yet to find an answer so hoping someone can help me here. I have a 2014 Ram with a mcgaughy 2/4 drop kit sitting on 22 inch viper replicas. I had a local shop do the job for me and just wondering if they did it right because i notice that it has a slight rake in the rear. Around an inch and a half higher. Is that normal? Plus I notice the ride is a lot rougher. Again is this normal? Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The rake should only be about 3/4" but if it was just done the springs need time to settle, you can also take a look at where the rear coils are sitting on the lower cup, I could get 1/2" difference just be rotating the coil because of the way it sat on the lower perch. Rougher ride is because of the shocks with a smaller sidewall, very typical. Shock upgrade normally makes a big difference.

#4 ·
You didn't say if you have the deluxe or eco kit (front springs or spindles). I have the deluxe kit on my 13 and have about a 1 inch difference. I think they use the same rear springs for all of the Ram kits, so the lighter regular cabs don't get as much drop as a heavier quad cab would. Mine settled to right at 3" drop in the rear. You could always cut a little off the rear springs if you want level.

#5 ·
thanks for the input, I went with the economy kit. I didn't even know there was a deluxe kit until after I had the current kit installed. I am thinking of going with belltech street performance shocks and hellwig front and rear sway bars. I recently had an mbrp exhaust black exhaust and a vararam intake put on though I can't really feel the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.