DODGE RAM FORUM banner

5 Lug to 8 Lug Conversion

12K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  brandonjansen 
#1 ·
Looked a bit around the forum and really didn't find what I was looking for. Was wonder iff it was even possible to covert a 5 lug to an 8 lug. I have a 1500 and I love the look of a stock wheel. So I'm looking to do the conversion to be able to go down to a smaller rim, but at the same time get a stronger rim. All info is helpful. Thanks guys.:smileup:

#2 ·
I think it's going to be a lot of work and expense, for just a look. I have the chrome clad 20" rims and have beat the hell out of the truck, hauled heavy bed loads, like a cord of green fire wood out of the woods on non existant roads, never had a problem. Friends all told me the 20" tires would blow out, nope. Used to haul diesel motors in the bed as well, a 12L 725 hp Volvo with marine gear weighs about 3500 lbs, I'd guess the firewood around 4,000 lbs. Good old Hankook Dynapro ATM tires at 40 psi. 8 lug wheels and tires are heavier, will hurt the ride and mpgs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.