DODGE RAM FORUM banner

damn cel on again!!!

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  mb power wagon 
#1 ·
ok my cel is on again. it gave me 2 codes 0467 and 0467p. i also get 0465 and 0465p now and than. i have replaced the gascap but my odometer still says gascap. i am thinking maybe my vent nozzle isn't sealed? could that cause this?
:unknw:

#8 ·
Well they are not cheap. You should be able to use one off any gas 2500 truck though (think pick-a-part) and be good.

Can I ask how you know its bad? If its an obvious crack or something that sucks, but there are a few tricks that can be used to bring some life to an old one.

#9 ·
yea it has one small crack on the side but i think i might be able to use a square piece of heavy plastic with some silicone and then to make sure it stays on real good i'll use a hot glue gun or a soldering iron and a few zip ties to plastic weld it. how do you breathe new life into one of those evap cans? i'm willing to try what i can to make sure it's good so i only take it out once.

#10 ·
The evap can is just that an evaporator. When things evaporate lots of residue gets left behind. Right now the crack is your biggest worry, first you have to get that fixed. If you can do that successfully and the inner chambers remain intact I have actually has luck using mild soap and water solution to flush the canister. Once flushed you have to let it bake in the hot sun for a few days to completely dry out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.