DODGE RAM FORUM banner

weathertech mudflaps

7K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Buzzard 
#1 ·
Ok. I decided on putting these on my EXPRESS because every time it rains around here I get crud along the sides of my truck. Can't say I'm 100% happy. Instructions sheet didn't look like my truck, but I figured them out anyway. Fit was ok, though not perfect. When I drive above 50 mph I hear an annoying wind noise and feel a vibration in the floorboards. Do all mudflaps do this? Maybe I should have gone with the MOPAR , HUSKY or DURA flaps.

#3 ·
I had the WT's on my 1500 and loved them... will likely replace the stocker's on my 2500 for the some WT's!

#20 ·
I just installed the WeatherTech flaps on my 14' Sport, and they fit really good. I found that the best way to insure a tight fit, is to push the flap against the outer edge of the wheel opening (not against the face of the fender) before securing the flap. They all are parallel with the tires and 90 degrees to the fenders, except the right front (it's farther away towards the inside of the tire). I discovered that the lower part of the fender is not in line with the rocker panel and tips inward at the front: there is nothing I can do about adjustment other than bending the fender (which I wont do). Other than that annoyance, they look really good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.