DODGE RAM FORUM banner

hollow rubber springs on 09 1500

831 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  blue9 
#1 ·
This is my first year with my 09 1500 4x4 and noticed a real nice ride with 1 or 2 people in it but with a load or towing our camper it rode like a rock. when i looked under the rear end i saw i only had abt 3/4 inch of travel before axle contacted the rubber springs/bumpers whick caused the rough ride. I removed the rubber springs/bumpers and cut them in half to gain more spring travel before contacting the rubber. What a difference in the ride! now i can tolerate towing the camper on a rough road. Was wondering if anyone else has tried this.

#3 ·
I have considered that but the rear end is plenty high already and there is still abt 3" of rubber left on the bumpstops.The airbags are still an option if i find that there is not enough spring travel left but after towing the camper and checking the spring travel i don't see a need.i have used airbags before and they also make the ride stiff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.