DODGE RAM FORUM banner

lowering question

743 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  shawnu 
#1 ·
hello, i am new to the truckin scene, i always had Nissans... i got one left
my question is, i want to lower my truck, 4in font 6in back, i seen some kits, but i want a good one.
wich one you all recommend :i_rolleyes:

#2 ·
Howdy, Martin :wave: and thanks for joining. Welcome to what's affectionately known as "The Z". There's a lot of great knowledge, ideas and info available here on the Z. Don't hesitate to ask a question, share your knowledge and opinions, or boast about your new beast.
Looks like your first post got moved to the Newbie Checkin section. Ask your question again in the lowing section.

#4 ·
There are no kits to drop a 4/6, but you can piece stuff together and cut springs to get the right height.

The best way to drop the front is with 2" springs and 2" spindles, this still gives you room around the bumpstops. The rear will need a full set of adjustable control arms and adjustable panhard bar, shocks, bumpstop removal, and reworking the frame-side mounts. You don't need to notch the rear frame, but you will need to rework the rear control arm mounts as they are the first point of contact below a 4" rear drop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.