DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Suspension upgrades

595 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Gothemi89 
#1 ·
I'm interested in lowering my 2012 Ram CC rwd. I've been searching for installation pdf's on the ground force and McGaughy kits but haven't found them. I know these trucks have a track bar rear and with lowering the vehicle you want to recenter it, the MG kit has a relocation bracket but the GF kit does not, and no post about it says anything about altering the stock one with the kit. So I'm wondering what needs to be done to the GF kit to relocate the bar, and is it better for a DIY installer to go with the MG kit with a prefabbed relocation bracket? Also, I see the GF kit comes with shocks, but the MG retains stock shocks, since both kits use lowering springs can anyone tell me why the l4" drop uses stock shocks and the 3" uses new shocks?
I have already placed an order for the Hellwig Sway bars front and rear. And I know the lowering kits come with new end links. If I get the GF I would use the supplied shocks, but MG I'd need new correct length shocks. Other than braking upgrades and the airlift rear helpers is there anything else in the way of bolt on suspension upgrades for these trucks?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.