DODGE RAM FORUM banner

98 5.2L No Vacuum to Tansfer Case. HELP

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dividingfire 
#1 ·
I just purchased this truck yesterday and coincidentally we received 7 inches of snow as soon as I pulled it off the lot. It's a 1998 Dodge Ram Sport 4x4 with the 5.2L V8. I got the truck home and then when trying to pull back out of the driveway the rear wheels started spinning. I shifted into 4x4 and the light on the instrument panel didn't come on. Still couldnt get out of the driveway and noticed the front wheels weren't spinning. I've researched this problem and discovered that it is common for the vacuum actuator to go bad. I pulled the lines to check for vacuum and I was getting nothing to the actuator. So I backed up to the transfer case and I'm not getting any vacuum to the transfer case either. I can't reach or see the lines past where they turn up to go into the engine compartment. And it's just my luck that the left half of the decal under the hood is missing so I can't see where the 4wd gets its vacuum from. It's too dark and cold outside to do anymore tracking tonight, but if anyone is fimiliar with this and can help me figure it out before we get hit with another snow storm it would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.