DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Nice...and SMOOOOTH

3K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  thunder290 
#1 ·
Well. I officially made the first modification to my new Ram this weekend. Gave her a good debadging. I gotta say...she looks a lot better already!!! :smileup:

Before:

After:

Sorry for the graininess of the before pic. It was taken at dusk, so I guess the camera had some issues.

See less See more
#6 ·
Nice job:smileup:, just did mine yesterday as well.

#12 ·
Thanks everybody!! Appreciate the kind words!!

The bug definitely bit. Pretty much the day after I drove it off the lot. Was pretty big into the scene 10 years ago...I've come to figure out things have changed a bit since then. Lol. My only real problem...my wishlist is A LOT bigger than my bank account. LOL!!!

#15 · (Edited)
LMAO!! Yes!! Actually, my middle and ring fingers on my right hand. They had huge blisters for DAYS from peeling the double sided adhesive. On the very last emblem, I found the EASY way...A plastic ice scraper that had been dulled over the years. I soooo wish I would've thought of it earlier in the project. That's the way it goes I reckon.

And thanks!!!

Yea, I agree. I left only my Hemi logo & plucked all the rest while replacing my rams heads w/ Transformers because I'm a 5yr old stuck in a 33yr old body! :LOL:
Hey...Transformers ROCK!!!

#16 ·
While we're talking about emblems and such, I have an idea for another little afternoon project. I want the black backgrounds behind the ram logos to be white, and the ram head to remain chrome. Anyone know if the emblems are one solid piece, or are they two piece??

#24 ·
Edit: Flame thrower or jack hammer would be the easiest. However, try:

Fishing line, goof off or a strip wheel and some elbow grease... heck, just do a search for debadging and you'll get a gazillion (with a G) different answers and methods. Try 1, try 'em all.

#27 · (Edited)
Debadging completed. The 3m tape peels right of if you pull it at forty five degree angle and stretch it in the opposite direction. A little goo off, cleaner wax, carnuba wax, and all evidence is erased. I also removed the annoying big horn emblem and the 4x4 emblem. I'm pleased with the results and it didn't cost me any money unlike every other mod I find on this forum. This site is expensive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.