DODGE RAM FORUM banner

S&B cai on 2013 ram 1500

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Nutshell 
#1 · (Edited)
So I put my s&b back on my 2013 looks more appealing just curious has anyone got this in the 2013s with out the ac lines jabbing into the intake. Tried moving ac lines all over but still they ride on the intake arm and put a lot of pressure on the arm and the ac lines. Also does everyone cap the lower scoop or no. And they air sensor does it get pushed right in to the plastic stopper. Or leave at half point seems to fit nice half way.

#3 ·
I had to take the intake arm off and put it on second only way to get that in. I hope long term it won't cause an issue with ac lines there is a lot of pressure on them. I still find the Airaid out performs this one but being inclosed is nice. Airaid has a mean tone to it which is nice.. We will see. Have both so easy to change ;-)

#6 ·
Yeah, for some reason the lines have been moved on your guys 2013 models, so no fit problems for earlier trucks. We put one on my brothers 13, and just rebended the ac lines a bit, but we did use a hand held pipe bender to do it. I actually had to do the top line on my 2012 cause it was rubbing the hose super hard on the intake. My brothers ac line doesn't touch anything now, but we put about 4 15degree bends in it. We used a brake line hand bender, and just used long pipes on the handles to help bend the larger pipes, but be carefull if you do this, it scared the crap out of me, when I saw how much pressure we had to use, and then worried it would crimp or flatten out the hoses. It didn't but could you imagine? Did not effect the air conditioning at all.

#7 ·
Yeah, for some reason the lines have been moved on your guys 2013 models, so no fit problems for earlier trucks. We put one on my brothers 13, and just rebended the ac lines a bit, but we did use a hand held pipe bender to do it. I actually had to do the top line on my 2012 cause it was rubbing the hose super hard on the intake. My brothers ac line doesn't touch anything now, but we put about 4 15degree bends in it. We used a brake line hand bender, and just used long pipes on the handles to help bend the larger pipes, but be carefull if you do this, it scared the crap out of me, when I saw how much pressure we had to use, and then worried it would crimp or flatten out the hoses. It didn't but could you imagine? Did not effect the air conditioning at all.

Think I will just leave them resting on the intake :) it should be fine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.