DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Vararam air grabber questions

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  s1000rrhp 
#1 ·
Is this a good system for one... also would it work fine in canada with salt and snow on the roads. Does it sound good. Will water collect on it at all...
Any feedback would be great... or would i b safer with s&b.
i have an airaid on my 2013 but i dont like the fit as its for
A 2012.. great filter though... my options are vararam or s&b nothing else yet for 2013 s

#2 ·
The vararam is a good intake. I haven't noticed a huge difference but you can feel something. I have never had a problem with water in mine but if you go of road then I wouldn't suggest it as mud splashing can get into the intake. Never been in the snow with it so I don't know on that one.

#3 ·
Does the sand ever fly up high from on coming traffic?
If so, probably s&b.

#4 ·
I think the vararam is a good intake. Looks more hot roddish in design and I could definitely feel a difference in power. The sound is great to me although not as loud as some others. Paired with 40 series flowmaster my truck sounds plenty aggressive. As for the snow and salt I don't know. It does just fine in heavy rain though. The weather is pretty nice here in california and I haven't made a trip to the snow yet this year.

#7 ·
I'm not sure how the emission laws are were you are but in Ontario I don't think this one will pass a roadside inspection because if I'm not mistaken the small diameter hose that normally goes to the factory intake box has to be open to the air with a breather on it. An open breather in Ontario is a big emissions fine. I am pretty sure that's what the install instructions say for the Vararam but if someone knows for sure I would be interested in knowing.

#8 ·
I think the Vararam is a good unit for the summer. It is a ram air device that pulls air from the front of the truck & it looks really cool when you pop the hood! I think there is alot of expectations from cai's but the performance & mileage gains are less than one would expect. They do have the cool factor going for them though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.